Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

My last year to be be young

The title of this blog is my current slogan since I am going to be turning the big 30 next year, ha! And since this is my philosophy I decided to make the most of this birthday this year!

Several months ago I bought a groupon deal with a credit I had for an hour long massage, I have been saving it special for the weekend of my birthday. So I went on Saturday morning to enjoy a full hour of total relaxation. It was pretty awesome. After my massage I met Brian and Emma at IHOP to retrieve my free birthday breakfast.

Then I was off for some girl time with one of my dearest friends, Cathy. We went and got pedicures done at Hausfeld's, and boy was that relaxing as well (and fun too of course). Now my feet feel smooth and my toes look gorgeous! After our pedicures We had reservations at the melting pot and met up with Brandi there. We talked a long time over a pot of chocolate and delicious treats, yummo!
A body massage, pedicure, girl time, and chocolate...all in one day....makes for a great day!

My birthday was actually on Sunday. Brian got me a sweet card, some pretty purple flowers, and a little cake (which was delicious!) He also took me to order the saphire ring I have been drooling over for a few months (which I have actually been looking for one I like for several years). Then for dinner we went to my favorite place to eat, O'Charley's.
We celebrated with Brian's parents on Monday. They made me dinner and Vicki baked me a cake. They also got me a card and some bday money....hm....maybe I should go get my hair done and splurge even more! :)Brian's aunt Katy was also so sweet to get me 2 gift cards. I was also very excited to get a $15 off $15 coupon from Ann Taylor, so I went and bought a new. purple shirt, and three, purple bracelets. My total after coupon....$2! That made me pretty happy!

All in all it was a pretty great birthday!

1 comment:

Jeremy and Shelly said...

Happy Birthday my friend. I may be a little late, but life's been insane. I just wanted to say I love you!