Emma is ready to be a big sister. It's hard to know how much she understands, but I talk to her a lot about the baby in mommy's belly, and that mommy and daddy are bringing a baby home soon.
We ask her if she is going to have a brother and sister, she reply's, "broder, sister ". She can't make up her mind whether she thinks we are having a boy or a girl, lol!
We have been getting out all the "baby" stuff and preparing the nursery and tell her these things are going to be for the baby in mommy's belly. I think that has helped her a lot to understand that something exciting is coming up.
She loves playing with babies. The other day she wanted to take her baby to give her a "night night" and asked me to put water in the bottle so she could feed her. I found her in her room like this. It was so precious!
We have the baby swing out now, she takes her glow baby over to it, and she she bounces the baby up and down, and says, "sh, sh,sh,sh" like she is trying to calm a crying baby. It is the cutest thing ever!
When I hold other babies in the nursery or wherever, she never gets jealous, she just wants to look and touch the baby. She even asked me the other day if she could hold the baby I was holding.
I think she is gonna be a really good big sister, a huge helper, and she is gonna love having a play mate when he/she gets big enough to play. I am excited and anxious to see my 2 babies together for the first time!
1 comment:
What a wonderful experience for her! I am sure she loves kids as much as her momma. Sounds like she got your tender heart!
Post a Comment