I earned a $25.00 gift card from CVS the other day by taking a prescription to them. On top of that I earned another $30 in care bucks. I was so excited to come home with $55.00 CVS dollars sitting in my wallet.
This week they have a deal that if you buy $20.00 in batteries you get $15.00 bucks back, plus they were on sale as well. So here was my deal for the day.
24.00 (total-rounding off)
-2.25 (3 coupons for .75 off)
-4.00 (cvs coupon, if spend $20, $4 off)
-$10.00 (my care bucks)
=$7.59
But then I got $15.00 care bucks back. So I actually made a profit of $7.41.
One of these battery packs alone, at regular price are $8 something and I got 4 packs!
I kindly thanked the woman for buying my $24.00 worth in batteries. She laughed. The lady behind me watching says, "Man, I am going to have to start paying attention." At the bottom of my receipt it says I saved $23.75!
Today was my grocery shopping today and I saved $19.11 in coupons. I am still a rookie at learning to save money but it is so exciting to learn and get good deals.
1 comment:
As I was reading this, I said to Brad "We need to go to CVS and buy some batteries this week!!" But now I realize you wrote this last week, so it's probably a deal that no longer exists. Oh well - still some awesome savings for you :-)
Post a Comment