This past week week I have felt overwhelmed with gratitude as I reflected upon what Christ has done for me. Last Sunday night we had the Lords supper at church. My pastor gives us a time to come to the alter and pray first. I just knelt and wept as I thanked Him for dying and rising again for me. If He gave me nothing else except my salvation, I am still BEYOND blessed! Yet, He chooses to give me so much more and most of the time I find myself ungrateful and complaining. What a privileged and blessing it is to be a child of the King!One morning this past week my devotions was out of Matthew 27. It talked about how when Jesus died the earth shook, the rocks split, the graves opened and bodies arose. Then in verse 54 it says the people feared and said, "Truly this was the Son of God". When I read this I said aloud, "Duh." I was thinking of course He was the Son Of God. He tried telling them that the entire time He was alive and He performed many great miracles to prove He was the Son of God and yet they still didn't believe. Why was it that it took an earthquake for them to finally believe? I just thought that was funny to read.
I am so thankful thankful to be saved and that we serve a God that is not dead. He is RISEN! I know we have heard that statement all our lives, but just stop to think about it for a moment. He is RISEN!
After church we celebrated Easter with Brian's family. We had a nice meal. We had ham, corn, green beans, mac&cheese, and rolls. Brian's mom made me my favorite drink... a strawberry slushie. It was very good! After the meal we celebrated Vicki's 50th birthday. We all brought presents, cards, and balloons. We had a good time and we all laughed a lot.

Happy Birthday Vicki! If you read this, I hope you know how
blessed I feel to have you as my Mother-n-law.
4 comments:
Cute dress, my friend. Good post-thanks for sharing.... Love, Julie Mc
Happy Easter! I like your dress too :).
Glad you had a lovely Easter day! On the earthquake. . . it would seem ackward to require an actual earthquake, but if you think about it SOOOOOOO many times we totally don't get the obvious miracles of our lives either. I think this scripture can serve as a mirror to remind us of ourselves so many times. And encourage us to seek to see and believe in what He is doing in our lives and the lives of those around us from day to day.
Post a Comment