I had heard Vicki (my mother-n-law) say several times that she heard getting a pedicure was wonderful and relaxing. So at Christmas I rattled my brain for something I could buy her. Then I remembered "ah yes...she would never think to ask for a pedicure gift certificate and she would never go and buy herself a pedicure so this would be a great gift." She seemed surprised and happy to get it. Of course, she told me she didn't want to go alone and would wait for a time she could go with
Melissa and I.When I found out Melissa was coming home this weekend for Easter/Vicki's bday I decided to call her and see if she thought it would be a good idea to go have a girl day and get ourselves a pedicure. She said she was "all about that." She has had a few stressful months so the idea of relaxing sounded good to her.
We met up today at the nail place in the Cincinnati Mills Mall. We all decided that we wanted a french pedicure. It was a lovely time of relaxing I must say. We soaked our feet, sat in vibrating/heated chair, and had our poor little feet massaged away. Melissa started
laughing really hard when the lady filed her feet because she is ticklish. It was so funny! It was making Vicki and I laugh too. Vicki seemed to throughly enjoy her first pedicure treatment. She thanked me about three times, she was smiling real big, and said for the rest of the day how relaxed and good her feet felt.I of course had to pop out my camera...I never leave home with out it. I thought for sure they would think I was goofy for wanting to take pictures of us getting our feet worked on but they were having fun with it too. The guy that did my feet thought it was cool that we were taking pictures and offered to take the one of the three of us together. Then after they were all dry we got a shot of all of our feet together. He asked what we were doing, we told him, and he ran to get nail polish to add to the picture. I thought it was so sweet and cute too. It was a lot of fun!
After that we had lunch. We ate in the food court. I ended up getting gold star. Vicki couldn't believe it since I had sworn to never eat or like gold star. She thought I was joking when I told her I was eating there. When I was in line she was like "Are you seriously in line to eat here?" Then when she saw me eating she started cracking up laughing. What can I say...if I have to live in this horribly freezing state I mine as well try to enjoy it right? Ha! After lunch, us girlies shopped the day away. Vicki helped me pick an Easter dress out. We had a wonderful girls day out!

1 comment:
That's one thing I've never done, gone to get a pedicure. I don't love nail polish, but I am not opposed to relaxation and pampering. Who would be? :) Lookse like you guys had a lot of fun.
Post a Comment