Pages

Monday, April 28, 2008

A Taste of Brazil

Yesterday after church Dave and Cathy treated us to a restaurant called Cena. We had never been there before. It is a Brazilian restaurant. First we start off with the food bar. It had a lot of funny looking things on it. I tried a little of several things just to say I did it. Then they gave us these stone things. One side is red and the other side is green. When you are not ready for the meet then you put the red side facing up. When you are ready to "stuff your face" you put the green side up. Once the green side is up they bring you 9 courses, each on a skewer, with time in between each one. They brought all kinds of things like a sausage, prime rib, lamb, garlic chicken, garlic pork, spicy chicken, and I can't remember what else. I was brave and tried everything I think...even the Lamb. I didn't like it very much though. It was such a neat place.
The best part by far was the fellowship. Brian and I just love Dave and Cathy. We are so thankful for their friendship. Brian and Dave are so much alike in the way they think, they both are more reserved, love cars, and are very hard to wake up! Cathy and I are alike in the ways we are outgoing, talkative, both blonds and act like it, giddy, crazy, and hyper!
Even yesterday I was saying something and Dave said, "Us couples are perfect for each other" Because as couples, we are so similar. We were there until 3:00 I think. We just talked and had a great time together. I am so happy that Brian and I know them and have them in our lives.
They are a Godly Christian couple that Brian and I have to look up to but we also just have a good time together too. They have just become so dear to my heart. I am so beyond thankful for their friendship and really just love them a lot too!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Josh and I ate at Cena before--the food was really good. I really liked the atmosphere of the restaurant too--the lighting and the decorations and stuff.