I have been told that I am slacking on writing on my blog...sorry! I just don't want to be to boring. Plus, in my free time I have been distressing as much as possible from the craziness we had around here a couple weeks back. So, for my faithful readers here is a quick update about what has been happening in the "Bond's" house.
On March 12th , Eden, the girl I care for turned one! It seems so funny that she is that old already. I started taking care of her at 11 weeks. Time is flying. She is saying a few words now, "Daddy, uh-oh, dirt, ba-ba". She is absolutely obsessed with shoes. She carries my shoes around the house all the time, about a week or so ago she picked her shoes up and threw them in the bath when I washing Ally. Anyways, she calls shoes "sh". It is cute. She waves now and oh I love this....when I am eating or when she wants to eat she sticks her tongue in and out really fast and says"num, num,num" it is so funny.
I have this week off. I am excited about that...as you could probably imagine. Although my days are filling up rather quickly so I have a feeling it is going to go by faster than I want it to.
Last Sunday we spent the day with Brian's family to celebrate Father's Day and Steve's birthday (My Father-n-law). His bday was the 17th, 2 days after Father's Day. Anyways, I thought Brian and I got him 2 pretty cool cards. Steve is pretty special to me. He is just like a Dad to me in my heart. He treats me as if I am his daughter. I am glad we have a day to celebrate our Dad's once a year. They deserve it after all they have done for their kids, and after all their kids have put them through. For his gift we told him we are going to treat him to Cena, when he chooses, because Brian and I think he will love that place.
Last Wednesday My mother-n-law and I started a 9 week Bible study with Beth Moore. We are going to meet on Wednesdays (my day off). The study is on video and their is a workbook to follow along and a devotional for each day. I have never really heard her speak. She is really, really good. The study is called "Believing God". She said something along the lines that say we believe in God, but how much do we believe God? At first, it sounds like the same thing but it isn't they are very different. In the lesson she talked about Moses and some of the great things that God did for Him and his people such as dividing the red sea. But she went on to say.....that the God of Moses is the same God we have today. Why do we not expect God to do great things like that for us today? Hmm...good point! She said, "the number 1 hindrance from our calling is our unbelief, we see so little, because we believe so little." God WANTS to do GREAT things in our lives. He WANTS to bless us. It our sin, our unbelief, and our lack of faith that holds Him back. It spoke to me because I don't know about you but I don't have the belief that He will part the Red Sea for me. I want to have that strong belief and Faith in Him. So through this study this is what I am praying for: there is something in my life that I feel like is"impossible" something I have felt discouraged about time and time again, something I have felt like it was beyond hope and beyond fixing. I am praying very specifically that God tears away my unbelief and that I literally see a miracle from the hand of God. I conclude this topic with the five statement pledge of faith that Beth Moore want us to be able to say in our sleep by the time the study is over.
1. God is who He says He is
2. God can do what He says He can do
3. I am who God says I am
4. I can do all things through Christ
5. God's Word is alive and active in me
On Friday evening, I drug my mother-n-law out of her house and we went to a party a friend of ours was giving, called "Thirty-one gifts". We got to see some friendly faces and then we hung out a little while after the party. We had fun together.
That about sums it up. More updates soon on my fun week off...hip, hip hooray!
1 comment:
Aww, baby Eden is one already? Time has flown for sure, cause even I remember when you first started watching her :) That is too cute with the "num num" thing--how adorable! You should get some video of her saying it if you can. I love to hear babies talk.
My sis-in-law has done at least one, if not more, Beth Moore Bible studies with her ladies group, and she loves them! I'm sure you and you mother-in-law will learn a lot.
Post a Comment