It was such a sweet day really. Earlier Brian and I had talked about celebrating our anniversary next week when the wedding is over and all my family is gone. When he kissed me that morning to say goodbye it suddenly dawned on me and I popped up and said, "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!" As I got to thinking that day I was bummed that we decided to celebrate it later because I just never want our anniversary to "turn into just a normal day". So in the midst of my crazy errand running, I picked him up two cards. One was funny and the other serious. I decided if he didn't get me a card...I would wait and give them to him when we celebrate....that way I do not make him feel bad about me getting him one when we talked about celebrating later. But, my sweet husband I guess must have thought like I did and could not stay away from the store and picked me up a VERY sweet card as well as he bought me a new book, "12 extraordinary women in the Bible." He was so proud of himself because he knew it was a book I would like. He knows I love learning about the women in the Bible, something Mary Ann Barr instilled in me. But because he knew that he was very afraid I already had the book. He said he debated between that one and "Having a Mary heart in a Martha world." He said, "I bet she has at least one of these books" and I do...but he picked the one I didn't have. Even though a book is a small thing I thought it was sweet because it showed me that he knows me well enough to pick out something that he knew I would like.
Anyways, even though I had started making sloppy joes....something easy so we could run to church quickly, he got home too late to make it to church. So I packed it up to save for lunches and we went to Olive Garden. His Aunt Katy gave him a $50 gift card last June for his bday and can you believe that he lost the card somewhere. We had talked about it a few times over the year...wondering what happened to it. But, if you can believe it that boy started cleaning out his car the other day. He packed up everything inside duffel bags and brought it in the house. I started putting the stuff away and I found this envelope. I thought, "Hmm...I wonder if that gift card is in there....and lo and and behold it was. So we shared a lovely dinner at Olive Garden. It wasn't really the food, or the night out that made it special but just being together. We really had a sweet time together. Here is a picture of us sharing our favorite dessert. It is divine!









This is the song that we had played at our wedding:
all of my life
i have dreamed
that somehow love would find me
now I can't believe you're standing here
If beauty is all
in the eye
of the beholder then i
wish you could see
the love for you that lives in me
And you would know you have my heart
If you could see what I see
that a treasure is what you are
if you could see what I see
Created to be
the only one for me
If you could see what I see
I know there are days
when you feel
so much less than ideal
wondering what i see in you
It's all of the light
and the grace
your belief in me drives me to say
that i promise you
a faithful love, forever true
And you would know you have my heart
If you could see what I see
that a treasure is what you are
if you could see what I see
Created to be
the only one for me
If you could see what I see
if you could see...
then you'd understand
why i fall down to my knees
and i pray my love
will be worthy of
the One who gave His life
so our love could be
if you could see
what i see
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We have been married 10 x longer than you this month! I am glad that you had a good time on your anniversary. Remember the story Mrs. Appleby told us in SS when she was here about her anniversay. Your story reminded of that.
Happy anniversary! It's funny. I actually found the program from your wedding the other day. Luke just had to play with it...it was sweet. I was so happy I was able to be at the wedding. I love the photos. Beautiful!
Love your wedding pics :)
Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary!! That dessert looks yummy!! Love all the wedding pics :-)
Post a Comment