Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

A good week off

To finish my week off, on Thursday, I spent the day with my mother-n-law for week 2 of our Bible study. We also had lunch together and had a lot of good conversation. On Friday I spent the day/evening at Archivers scrapping my little heart away. I was very happy that I finished 21 pages. I fell a little short of my goal, but now that I think about it...all in all 21 is a great amount to accomplish.

So I started on my 2nd goal of 2008....exercising. Brian's Dad got his old bike out of the shed for me and on Thursday I went for my first bike ride. I went for 30 minutes up and down two large hills. Once I finished, I carried the bike up our 3 flights of stairs. By then I thought I was going to vomit...seriously. Whew! What a work out. I sat in front of my door for a few minutes because I didn't have the energy to put the key in the door and open it. Apparently, I am more of of shape then I realized. But hey, at least it is a start right? I did go on Friday as well, but stayed on flat ground. I will have to work my way up to be able to conquer those hills. My goal is to get to do three 30 minute rides a week. Wish me luck!

On Saturday, I had the privilege to give my dear friend Rebecca a small shower at my apartment. She is expecting a little girl in August. Even though it was a small shower, planning a party is always a lot more work then you originally anticipate. That morning, I was getting a little stressed about getting everything done before the guests arrive and I dropped the cake, trying to get it out of my jeep. I cried. I was so upset. But, my hero came to the rescue:) Brian graciously took the cake back to kroger to get it fixed and brought one back looking prettier the 2nd time around. He was such a blessing to me on Saturday and helped me get the last minute stuff done. I was thankful for that. I had the guests play a trivia game, draw a picture of a pregnant lady with their eyes closed, and best of all...I had each guest put a balloon under their shirt and they had to bend over and tie their shoes. It was really funny. Rebecca, got some cute outfits, bibs, sheets, blankets, and hair stuff. Here are a few pics of the fun day.
This is the outfit I got for Eric. It says, "Daddy's little sweetie"
These were the party favors I made. I can hardly wait until Elisabeth Faith arrives!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. I'm glad the shower went well. I LOVE the favors. That was a great idea! Love ya ~ Julie Mc

Christi said...

Looks like the shower turned out great. I'm sorry I missed it!! What a pretty name for the baby - I didn't know they already had a name picked out!!