On Thursday night Brian and I went to LaComedia to see Beauty and the Beast with Dave, Cathy, Brandi Hoffer and Josh and Mary. In case you are not familiar it is sort of like a dinner theater. We eat a nice meal and watch a live play. The play was excellent. I couldn't help but to just smile away when it started because it just came to life. I turned around and saw the same expression on Mary's face. The 7 of us had front row seats! That was nice. Belle was amazing! Her expressions were just perfect and her voice sounded JUST LIKE Belle in the real video. She was really good. Gaston was just gross! I could hardly stand to look at him. To top it off at the end of the show he came over where we were sitting and really gave Brian some long looks and big smiles. Awkward! Poor Brian. Anyways, I thought it was really good and I so wish I had the movie so I can watch it right now. I also found it really funny that our waitress thought Brian and Josh were twins. I guess they were both looking down when she said that and she saw the dark hair and glasses. But it was funny to me because Josh is so much taller than Brian that instantly it reminded me of that movie twins when one was really tall and the other one was really short. Anyways, It was funny. We all had a good time and I enjoyed not only mine, but Dave's piece as well of the peanut butter pie. Yum!
The first scene was probably one of my favorites. Maybe it is because I feel like I can really relate to Belle and her love for reading. In the beginning she is just obsessed with reading all the time, and is a huge lover of books. She falls in love with the journeys that these books take her on. As you know I made a goal to read 12 books this year. Now, I am currently almost finished with the 60th book! I am in love with reading and just can not get enough of it. I recently finished a book called "Stepping Heavenward" by Elizabeth Prentiss. She is well known for writing the hymn, "More love to thee". The book is a journal of a young woman in her journey to godliness and is set in the 18oo's. It was so honest and real but it was also touching, sometimes sad and encouraging. If you have not read it I highly recommend it.
I regret not blogging about some of the books I have read because some of them have just been amazing. Today I plan on starting 2 new books. One is called "A place of quiet rest" by Nancy Leigh Demoss and after that I plan to start reading one called "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore.
Since my last entry things have calmed down quit a bit for Brian and I. 2 weeks ago I watched Ally and Eden overnight and we had such a fun time together. We ordered a pizza, went to the park, watched a movie, and ect. On the phone Brian asked me why Ally was excited that I was spending the night so I asked her and she replied, "Because I love you." I thought that was just so sweet. This week they had to move into a different house until they house they are having built is finished so I helped them unpack a little bit. They are living right in town in Oxford. On Friday I mostly only had Eden so I took her out in her stroller and we went to a garage sale and a book sale. She loved that. Since Sarah had the week off, she did give me a day off on Monday. I spent the day at Archivers and scrapped my little heart away. I throughly enjoyed myself and completed 22 pages. I am still very far behind!
Last Friday night we had our nieces over. They are such cool girls. They just add so much sunshine into my world. We had a good time with them. That about catches you up on the latest with the Bonds. I hope you all are having a fun-filled, blessed summer!
1 comment:
Mmm, the peanut butter pie was very good, I'd have to agree :)
Post a Comment