For those of you who haven't heard the story, here is what happened.
I started getting regular contractions around 9PM Tuesday night. I didn't go to the hospital until 3:30 AM. At that point contractions were about 5 minutes apart or so and were becoming more aggressive. When we got the hospital we learned that Dr Day was not the one on call, so someone else would be delivering me. That Dr told the nurse to have me walk around for one hour and if I didn't have any change from the time I got there to the time she checked me again to send me home. So, that is what she did...she sent me home. A little crazy if you ask me. We left the hospital about 6AM. I went home and got in the bath for several hours to help with the pain. When I got out they were becoming very strong. I was thinking, "gosh I must be a baby if I feel like I am dying and not very far along in my labor yet." Little did I know, I was in my active labor. The reason I thought that because the nurse at the hospital, lead me to believe it could still be a couple more days until I had Emma. Since my contractions were so bad I decided I would get back in the bath because that was the only thing relieving me, but that didn't help either and at that point they were coming every 1-2 minutes. Mom was outside the bathroom door saying, "we have got to go now!!!" I was just thinking they were just gonna send me home again and fought Mom and Brian about getting back in the car. And boy will I tell you that 10 minute drive was the hardest part of the labor. We arrived back at the hospital at 9AM and at 10:30AM I was at 10 and they told me it was time to push. The nurse said, "Dr Day is on his way." My reaction was, "Dr day? Dr Day is coming? Really?" I was so happy. When they told me he was in the parking lot I was so relieved! I guess his partner was in a surgery, so Dr Day was called away from his regular patients/office in order to come deliver me! God is good! He answers prayer! When he got there, I said, "Oh, Dr. Day, I am so happy to see you!" haha. I am such a goof. And, I guess when he was finishing up, after the delivery, I told him that I really liked him.I am so silly. I was just so happy and relieved that he was one there to deliver me. Brian told me that is the reason he believes we were sent home, because God was working it out for me! God is so good.
1 comment:
That's a great story about how God answered your prayer!
Post a Comment