Do you remember my post from last July about my charm bracelet that my mother-n-law started for me?
http://janellebond.blogspot.com/2009/07/my-charm-bracelet.html Well, she has added to my bracelet and I have yet to blog about it.
The Saturday night before Emma was born (4 days before) Steve and Vicki wanted to take Brian and I out for a nice meal, thinking it would be the last time we would eat out for a while. I splurged and ordered myself a steak and ate my little heart out! While we were there Vicki gave me this charm. It's a baby bottle.

This is what was written inside the card. "
This is the charm that Steve gave to me 30 years ago when Brian was born. I never imagined one day I would be giving it away to his sweet wife, upon the birth of my first grandchild. This baby, this miracle of life and blessing from God, is by far the best gift you or Brian has ever given to me. I know you both will be wonderful parents. Thank you Janelle for allowing me to be such a part of this wonderful experience with you. You fill a place in my heart no one else can-you bring me joy. I thank God for my dear Janelle. I love you so much."
It was a precious gift to receive the charm that Steve gave her when Brian was born. She is so very thoughtful. What a treasure this charm will be to me.
3 comments:
So, SO sweet!
That is so sweet :)
What a precious mother-in-law!
Post a Comment