Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008

Another shower

I had the privilege last Saturday to host another shower. Brian says, I am going to turn into a party planning pro! Ha! When I got asked to take on this shower, the Lord gave me this verse the following morning in my devotions, "Serve the Lord with Gladness" Psalms 100:2. It is truly a blessing to be able to serve the Lord by serving others.
Many people praised me and said I did a wonderful job. But that night in my prayer time I had to ask the Lord forgiveness for my pride and puffed up head. It TRULY is the Lord that enables me to do anything. As, I was speaking with Him that night I thanked him for my hands and my feet and my health. We so often take it for granted that we have working hands and legs...but every good gift is from above so therefore, we should always be thanking Him rather than thinking more highly of ourselves.
Anyways, the shower was for my friend at church, Allison that is getting married next month. Since it is a fall wedding we decorated the shower in fall colors. I thought it turned out pretty. We had close to 30 people there. For the party favors I got pumpkin candy and candy corn and tied them up in tool with orange ribbon. I forgot to take a pic though:( Everything seemed to go well and smooth. I was a little nervous about demanding everyone's attention for the games and introducing the speaker but I just went on. It gives me good experience right? Here are a few pics of the fun day!
The cake was so pretty I thought.
Christy (her SIL) brought the chocolate fountain and it was a big hit!
The gift Table...like my scarcrow in the front?

I did not get many. I was dssapointed when I got home and realized forgot to take 1/2 the pics that I wanted to. I also told Brian that I didn't even get to talk to Allison really. He said that is just how it is when your the host. Owell! It was a good day anyway!

I am all in the mood to get my harvest stuff out now! I love Fall...it is my favorite time of year. I love decorating our place with all my fun decorations, yay! I am going to wait a little longer though. It still seems to warm for fall. Happy Labor Day!

3 comments:

Christi said...

You did a fantastic job putting the shower together!! I have a ton of pics - none of mine are that great - but you're welcome to have copies if you want!! I don't think I got a picture of your cute favors either though :(

Mary said...

Ooh, the decorations turned out nicely, and that cake is just gorgeous! I wish I coulda been there :( But I guess you all managed to have fun without me ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous! I agree about welcoming the fall season! I've been itchin to get out my fall decor since mid-August!