Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

My Birthday

Yep, another year has gone by, I can hardly believe how fast time is flying theses days. Here's how much I have changed over the last 26 years. I think I still look the same but with a bigger nose. Haha! If you can believe it, I weighed 9lbs and 14oz when I was born. I don't know how long I was, but I was born on 9-4-1982 at 5:01 A.M. Mom was of course ecstatic with a little girl, after having 4 boys. She often tells me that during her pregnancy that the only color she ever wore was pink! Everyone prayed and asked God to please give Cathy a girl.
















On Monday, Brian's parents had us over for a cook out to celebrate my birthday. They decorated my chair with balloons and hung up a happy birthday sign. Guess what my present was?? A gift card to a Christian book store! Wahoo! I have soooo many books I want to buy....it is going to be so hard to choose which ones to get. After our yummy pork chop dinner, we played a little rook then we had strawberry cheesecake for dessert.
At work yesterday, a fed-ex man knocked on the door. They get packages almost every single day it seems like so I didn't think anything of it. Sometimes the deliverers don't knock in that case I just leave the package until I take the girls outside. But, since he knocked I went to the door just in case he needed a signature. By the time I opened the door, the guy had already started walking away. So I was like okay I will just go ahead and bring the package in now. Then, I noticed it had the word flowers written on the box. I was thinking, "Wow, Greg bought Sarah flowers again" (because he brought some home earlier that week.) But as I was picking it up I was so alarmed when I saw my name. I had no idea who would send me flowers there because no one I know, knows the address of where I work. So, then I was like well maybe Brian snuck somehow and found out the address. In that case he was going to earn extra kuddos for doing the extra work. Then I felt so weird about opening it because it was a package delivered to their house and I was debating weather to wait or not. But I was like well, it has my name on it, I am allowed to open it right? So I did. To my surprise, the card said, "Happy Birthday and Happy first anniversary with us! With Love, Greg, Sarah, Ally and Eden." I just couldn't get over how sweet that was. It was so thoughtful! Ally was so excited when I walked in the door to wish me a happy birthday. She is so cute sometimes! They also gave me a gift card to hobby lobby. Yipee! I can hardly wait to shop!
Here are the goodies my honey got me! 4 books by Elizabeth George (yay!), a FFH cd, a planner, a prayer journal and a very sweet card. He's so nice:)
We went to O'charleys for dinner. They sent me a $5.00 off coupon for my birthday and we got free dessert too. Wahoo! So we had a nice meal for way cheaper:) Here is a picture with my dessert. A brownie kind. It was yummy!

3 comments:

Grateful Grammy said...

Happy Birthday! It is nice to get surprises and flowers are always nice.

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Janelle! You know, your baby picture could pass for a baby picture of one of your nieces that you guys watch sometimes. I didn't realize how much they look like you :)

Mmm, brownie dessert! Anything with a brownie is always good :) Oh, and the flowers are very pretty too.

Anonymous said...

New post, new post, new post, new post. :-D Love you! julie Mc