I went to open my door yesterday and it was literally frozen shut! Well, this morning I went to leave for work and the ice was so thick on the front window and it refused to go anywhere! My scrapper couldn't get it to crack, not even a little. I tried and tried. At moments I just gave up and sat in the car a while and hoped it would eventually thaw out. I was so cold, especially my hands. I really wanted to cry.

Eventually I found one tiny opening of the ice on the windshield and it got better from there. I pulled out and then stopped again at the end of my parking lot because the snow was so high I couldn't see above it.
At this point I thought my poor little fingers were going to fall off. Lucky by then my car was nice and toasty.
I had a pretty smooth drive to work. There were a few covered roads still. But I didn't have a problem until I pulled in. I did not give myself enough time to stop so when I turned into the driveway I pulled in a rather large pile of snow where they had shoveled their drive. Not even with a 4 wheel drive did my Liberty want to come out of that. I tried and tried. I got out numerous time to kick snow the snow from around the wheels. I even was digging snow from around the tires with my hands. I prayed, begging God to please help me. It took a few more times of me getting out of the car and repeating the same thing, until finally I got the car out. I almost started crying again and said, "THANK YOU LORD!"
After all that, I was about an hour late. When I got inside I was wet, cold and pretty much exhausted. Later I looked at the hood and I am telling you what there were blocks of ice several inches thick!
Yep, it was a bad morning, and no I am definitely not a fan of winter!
2 comments:
Yikes! So, you're making me glad that Lynchburg gets almost NO snow/ice!!! Glad you made it safely!
Well, since I grew up in the Northeast, I like getting snow. Don't like to drive in it, but watching it from the inside is very nice :)
I never cleared my car off from the first snowfall, so when the ice came, it was on the snow and made it easier to clean this morning (we had dentist appts. to go to)
I'm glad you were safe and tough. I might have given up on that stubborn ice :)
Post a Comment