Brian and I actually did something fun this year on New Years Eve. For the past three years I have babysat and that was fine with me. But this year Brian's Aunt and Uncle invited us over along with Brian's parents and his cousins Kelly and Nick with their baby Luke.
Luke is 2. He has always seemed a little shy to me but this time he came right to me. He let me hold him, we played games together, and eventually he took my hand and started walking me around the house. It was really cute. He is such a good boy.
We ate barbeque for dinner and Kelly brought her chocolate machine. The rest of the night we played games, then watched the ball drop, then Brian and I went downstairs to play a little rook with Nick and Kelly until like 2 or 3 in the morning. I never felt tired until the care ride home. I took a little snooze. We don't get to see Nick and Kelly as much as we would like so it was fun hanging out with them.
Nick and Kelly had brought the wii fit over for us to play. It was cool. Brian looked everywhere to buy it for me for Christmas but could not find it. But on New Years Day he went out with out me and then next thing I know he is walking in with the wii fit. He justified it because he got me a sapphire ring for Christmas (that I picked out in a add) and it ended up being bigger than I thought so we took it back. I have been wanting a sapphire ring for as long as I can remember probably 10 years but have never found the right one, and ones that I have liked have always been set on white gold rather than yellow. So, I said all that to say, that since we took it back Brian said he got me the wii fit to make up for that.
It is so cool because it tests your BMI and weight to see if you are underweight, normal, or overweight. It has a place to make goals, it has a calender and you stamp it everyday that you work out, it also has graphs that show your progress. The actual workouts include yoga moves, aerobics, balance games, strength training exercises, there is one that you actually run in place. It is so cool and so fun! The only problem is I was having so much fun thinking they were all just fun games for the first two days and I forget that I was actually doing real work out moves. Then on Friday night I could barely walk it hurt so bad. Walking down the steps at our apartment was a huge task. I will definitely start pacing myself a little better and not do so much at once. But I am excited about having a daily routine of exercising!
2 comments:
We will HAVE to fix that! We enjoy spending time with you. We need to make it a point to see each other. We're only about 15 minutes away!! We had so much fun. Come see the house!!
-Kelly
The Wii fit sounds like fun. Wow, 2 or 3 in the morning? Josh and I couldn't survive that long if we tried. We're a couple of old fogies :)
Post a Comment