Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weekend in Michigan

Brian and I had a three day weekend for Martin Luther King day and somehow I sweet talked him into taking me to see my dear friend Julie, which actually happens to be my cousin-n-law. I love her and have been missing her so Brian was a sweet guy and gave up his relaxing weekend to take me to see her.
We arrived Saturday around 5PM. When we got there she had some exciting news to share with me. After four years of trying, she is finally having her first baby! Words could never express how truly happy I am for Julie and Michael. It has been a desire for so long, I can't even imagine how happy she feels right now. I felt very privileged to be one of the first to know and a little awkward too. They announced the news to his entire family the next day (which are my relatives), and Aunt Marsha asked if Janelle knew before them....(awkward!) Obviously, she would have wanted them to know first and I told her I felt bad about being there on the weekend that this was all happening, but she said, "that's okay, I always thought if it would happen, it would be to tell my family, then his, then you anyway." All weekend she said she was glad I got to be there and glad she got to tell me in person. She is such a sweetie. There is so much more I could say about the sweet actions that took place on her behalf to me, but I won't because some things are meant to just be saved within our own hearts. But, as I am typing, tears are flooding my eyes because of gratitude to God for giving me this precious friend. We are kindred spirits with hearts that are intertwined with the other. I just love her and thank God for her.
Julie, for a while was becoming unhappy with her office job, and then after much thought and prayer she quit and started attending Paul Mitchell beauty school. It has always been her dream to do hair and she decided that it was time to pursue that. She is doing a great job, and was recently promoted. She finishes school in July, just before her new little one will arrive in September. Now, she can see God's perfect timing because had she had a baby any sooner she would not have had the opportunity to go to beauty school or she wouldn't have been able to finish. Now she can be a stay at home Mom, doing her dream job. It makes me want to cry again. God is so good. Friday night she was thankful for the opportunity to play with my hair and took about 10 inches off while she at it. Ha! I was ready for it to go and hopefully some kid with cancer will get good use out of it.
Straight or curly?

On Sunday, we went to the church, which is the church I pretty much grew up in so I got to see lots of cousins, aunts, and uncles. After church, Aunt Marsha had us over along with all her kids, and my Grandma and Bill. Here are some pictures.This is Caleb, my cousin Rachel's baby. He is the first grandchild for Aunt Marsha and Uncle Randy, but looking forward to getting a second. He is a very happy baby and just smiles all the time they say.Do you think she likes being a Grandma?
my handsome cousin Greg and his nephew Caleb
My Grandma and Bill

We had a fun afternoon of eating, hanging out, and playing cards. Then we went back to church. After the evening service the four of us went to my cousin Stephen and wife Melissa's house. They have three little ones. It was way fun to play with them. I got to help put them to bed! They were soooo cute! I liked them.

On Monday, Brian spent most of it in the other bedroom reading to give Julie and I "girl time". We played scrabble, watched a movie, and just talked the rest of the time. We had a good time together. We left about 4:30 and that was my weekend away to Michigan.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Aww, I'm glad you got to spend time with your kindred spirit :). How awesome that they are expecting! And I love your new haircut. I think it looks good straight and curly, so you'll look fabulous whichever way you style it :)