I was married on June 4, 2005. It was the most wonderful day of my life!
This is a picture of my Mom putting my Granny's jewelry on me. Granny passed away about 7 months before my wedding and we were very close. If you look in my eyes, you can see there are tears trying very hard to stay inside my eyeballs.
This is my very best friend Julie. We become close in high school and have stayed close through out the years. We married our princes 3 weeks apart, so she was my maid of honor and I was her matron of honor. So fun!
This is my niece Courtney. She was my flower girl and such a sweet one at that. She was eager to help her Aunt Janelle all day long.
Me with my silly, little girl smile. I wore slippers with blue bows.
I thought all my girls looked just GORGEOUS that day. I love this group one of us.
I think this one is just adorable of Julie holding up my dress.
One of my favorite's of my groom, Brian. He was so handsome that day!
So there was sort of a issue before the wedding. When I walked into the dressing room I see these beautiful flowers in a vase with my name on it. I thought, "Oh how sweet someone sent me flowers on my wedding day." But I did not open the card because I was busily trying to get ready. Well, then, as we start taking pictures, I hear someone ask where my bouquet was. My coordinator (while I did not know this until later) was behind the scenes frantically trying to locate my bouquet. The best man even went to the flower shop in a search of them. Finally, someone discovers that those flowers in a vase in the dressing room was actually my bouquet. Well then, Brian thought he would be a sweetie and give them to me personally (with out seeing me) so here we are separated by a door so that we could not see each other.
This is one of my very favorites of my wedding pictures. I think they did a great job capturing this photo of Dad getting ready to walk me down the isle. Even though it looks as if I was looking at the camera I had no idea they were taking a photo of me. One memory I have of that point in the day was me asking my bridesmaid Sally what time it was and she told me I did not want to know. I asked her again and she told me it was past the time for the ceremony to start. I asked why it was not staring on time. She did not know, but she said I was one of the calmest brides she had seen, right before walking down the isle. I think this picture shows the peace and happiness I was feeling about meeting my groom.
Notice again, tears in my eyes, I was experiencing very happy emotions at this point of getting married and looking around to see dear friends and family there to celebrate with me.
During the ceremony Brian and I got on our knees and prayed together asking God to bless our marriage.
I like how you can see a lot of the detail from my dress in this picture.
These are 2 of my favorites of Brian and I. I have posted them before, but I love them too much not to put them on this post too:) We just look so happy!
Another teary eyed moment. I was saying good bye to my friend Sally. I remember thinking, "I may not see her on this side of heaven again." Brian and I were married in Chattanooga, TN. which is where Sally and I were friends but was moving to Ohio straight from our honeymoon. It was a very sad moment for me to say goodbye. But, for my photographers to capture this emotional moment is just amazing to me.
My favorite part of the reception was the cake area. My friend built is the beautiful arch. I saw the candles at a bridal show and had to have them! I have no regrets either. I thought they were beautiful. The cake turned out exactly as I envisioned. It is so me! I thought the topper was elegant. I was just very pleased how it all came together.
Good bye! Off to our honeymoon! What a wonderful, wonderful day! Words could never describe but my memories will last forever!
4 comments:
You were beautiful on your wedding day, Janelle! I love that one of you and your dad too. And I like the candles by your cake, too! It makes the whole atmosphere romantic :)
Oh, these are SO lovely! You were a gorgeous bride looking so calm and HAPPY!! I love hearing the details that go with the photos...what special memories!!
Thanks for joining in!
Sorry it took so long to comment! I love your wedding, and will be eternally jealous, lol! :) I'm glad that we were in each other's weddings. It was a lot of fun having them so close together, too! You were the best matron of honor! Way better than I was as your maid of honor. :) Of course, my MOH "authority" was constantly being usurped! :) Anyhow, love ya and glad you did this!
Just found this comment and it made me smile and laugh.
I was able to be the best matron of honor because I was with such a great bride! I still feel bad that I wasn't more pushy about making sure you had all the MOH authorities/duties at my wedding. If I could do it over again, that would be one thing I would change. But you were they best maid of honor, not because of what you did to help but because of what you mean to me. You will always be my number 1 friend!
I loved being that number 1 girl for you, I think you learned how to do it from my lack thereof from mine, ha! I seriously felt like I was your brain for a few days because I carried paper/pen with me everywhere and making lists of things as they were coming out your mouth, ha. Good times.
Post a Comment