Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

My final shower

My mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and Brian's aunt Katy gave me a wonderful shower on Saturday. It was pretty, fun, and there was lots of yummy food!

Here is a picture of the cake. Boy or girl??? What is your guess? I am curious....leave a comment.
One game we played was everyone had to guess how many square's of toilet paper, big around I was. Then Melissa and Katy measured me and I was 13 total. Here is Melissa saying, "this is all she is!"
The game was very good for my self esteem at 9 months pregnant...when NOTHING I wear actually fits these days! Ha. It was fun though.They played another game where everyone had to wear a string and if they said the word "baby" the person that heard them got to take their string. Whoever had the most at the end was the winner. And the other game we played was I wrote down what came to my mind for a bunch of words, for example, Diaper_________and they had to guess what I wrote.

Here are some pictures of me opening the gifts. We got a lot of nice things!!
Yay for more diapers and jumbo box of wipes! Now that all the showers are over I have a total count of almost 1600 diapers and almost 4200 wipes!
We got our chocolate umbrella stroller from Brian's cousin Carrie.
We got our space space saver high chair from Daisy and Lois. It is so cute!
Isn't this monkey outfit so adorable? I really like it!
We got a bumbo seat from friend Angie
I am so excited that we got our bouncer seat from Aunt Katy. It is so adorable. I love it!
Mrs Hall and her daughters, Linda, Emily, and Ellen went in and got us the stroller to our travel system. Hooray!
Add VideoThere were many other nice things received such as bath stuff, wash clothes, books, monkey rattle, ect.

Sarah, Ally and Eden ad planned to be there but something unfortunately came up:( I was a kinda bummed to not get to see them. Sarah said Ally was pretty disappointed, and that a few days before she was pretending she was going to a baby shower and had baby stuff set up everywhere like a baby store. So cute! They did, however send two very generous gifts. First, our car seat!
Second, my first set of cloth diapers! This is called the "all in one" cloth diaper. It is the nicest kind out right now, where it has the cloth, velcro, and liner inside all as one piece. I am still wanting to be brave and try cloth diapers with disposable, so we shall see how it goes:)
I feel overwhelmed over the generosity of so many nice gifts. We are pretty much all ready for baby now!

Here are pictures of me with two of the ladies that made this day happen. A big thanks to Vicki, Melissa and Katy. It was a special day!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Yea for all the fun things you got!!! How does it feel to be ready?!?!?!????

Mary said...

Janelle, I'm so glad you got some of your things for Baby Bond. It's crazy how much "gear" we need to take care of a baby :)