Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Special Gift

When I lived in Florida I basically had a family that I called my 2nd family. I spent about as much time at their home as I did my own. I began as the baby sitter for their 2 oldest children and then as I grew with them they added 2 more little ones to their family. I helped Mrs. Eldridge decorate a couple of her nurseries, timed her contractions for her last pregnancy, helped Mr. Eldridge move furniture during her prego days, fed, bathed, and cared for these four babies as if they were my very own little siblings. There were even a couple times, they went out of town and left some of the kids with me. I could go on and on. I can not express how dear this family was/and still is to me. I pretty much consider them the same as my blood relatives.

I said all that because I received a very special gift from Mrs. Eldridge this week. She, of course has been beyond excited for Brian and I as we are expecting our first little one. She decided she wanted to learn to crochet and wanted the first blanket that she made to be for baby Bond. I thought that was incredibly sweet of her. She worked very hard and long, so this gift was a labor of love, and truly a gift that our family will treasure forever! Brian and I have been testing it out, fighting over it, and debating whether or not we are going to share it with our baby:)

With out further ado: here is the beautiful blanket that she made. Thank you Vikki...it is so very special!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Aw, it's so sweet and pretty--what a nice gift!