Pages

Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

On Saturday we went to our friends house for a 4th of July party and watch the fireworks from their back yard. I took at as an opportunity to dress my Emma in the red/white/blue outfit Brian's aunt Katy bought her and I made her the bow. It is hard to believe she is 4 months old now! She is growing and changing quickly!
I also made a 4th of July cheesecake and it tasted pretty yummy too.
Our friends had their baby just a day after Emma. We put them on the play mat together and it was so sweet to watch them play and talk with each other. So precious!
The fireworks were so beautiful. I have always LOVED watching fireworks, but this year they seemed extra special. Last year Brian and I went and watched the fireworks at our local park and sat in the back of my jeep all snuggled up. Then the morning came and I found out some pretty exciting news that I was going to be a mommy! I think I will always associate this memory with the 4th of July for now on. This year as we watched the beautiful fireworks I thought about how it was like a replica of my heart, a heart bursting with much excitement and awe! What a joy it is to have Emma apart of my life this 4th.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Emma's so pretty! I love her smile. And the cake looks really good too--good job :)