Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

It feels good to save so much

I am pretty happy with all the great Kroger deals they have had for the past three weeks! Last week I got stocked up on Kraft shredded cheese for .88 cents, shaving cream for .49 cents and suave deodorant for free, thanks to their mega sale they were running!

This week they have a P&G sale, if you buy 4 participating items, $4.00 comes off at the register. Today I was extremely pleased with how much I got with roughly $25.00
It may not look like much as you first look at the picture....but let me break it down for you!
The downy fabric softeners(which smell so good!!) usually cost $6.39 a bottle. I normally do not splurge on these because, yikes that is so expensive! I bought 5 of them which at regular price would have cost me $31.95! I got all of these today for $13.95 which averages paying $2.79 for each.

I got 3 double packs of bounty paper towels for .99 cents each (normally $4.19 each)
I got 4 cover girl eye shadows for .24 cents each! (normally 2.99 each)

The last items, I doubled coupons and scored an a awesome deal! I had 3 coupons for $4.00 off each of the body washes which made each of them $2.29 each. But I also had 3 coupons that if you buy an Olay body wash you get free hand soap. So for the body wash/hand soap combined I paid $6.87 which at regular price would have cost me over $25.00.

So I should have paid roughly $90.00 at regular price for all these items. At the end of my receipt it shows I saved $35.00 in coupons alone, combined with the sales prices my total savings was $61.65 (66%) It feels good to save so much!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Fun deals! It's addictive, isn't it?!?!

Mom said...

I want some too!!!!!

Jeremy and Shelly said...

I"m just now starting the coupon thing. Trisha is helping me. Where do you go to learn about the deals?

Mom said...

I love that fabric softener...glad I shared something new with you!