In the Bible, Hannah prayed and prayed to the Lord for a child. She told the Lord if He would bless her womb, she would then give her child back to Him. And that is what she did with her son Samuel.
Likewise, I prayed many prayers asking God to bless me with a child and now it is my desire to raise Emma up to love and serve Jesus. I pray that He always helps me to remember that Emma is His and not mine and that He has chosen me to be a steward over her for a short while. I have rededicated my walk with the Lord, begging for His help in this awesome new journey of motherhood and the ceremony was a public display of what I have committed to do in my heart.
It's only for a moment you are mine to hold
The plans that heaven has for you
Will all too soon unfold So many different prayers
I'll pray For all that you might do
But most of all I'll want to know
You're walking in the truth
And If I never told you I want you to know
As I watch you grow
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings
May passion be the wind
That leads you through your days
And may conviction keep you strong
Guide you on your way
May there be many moments
That make your life so sweet
Oh, but more than memories
I pray that God would fill your heart with dreams
And that faith gives you the courage
To dare to do great things
I'm here for you whatever this life brings
So let my love give you roots
And help you find your wings
It's not living if you don't reach for the sky
I'll have tears as you take off
But I'll cheer as you fly
We were honored to celebrate with our 20 guests. As much as I would have liked to have gotten a picture with each of our guests, you do what you can with a tired 4 month old:) But, I was beyond excited that my parents were able to be there for the special day, as well as many other family and friends.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you were able to do that (publicly). I sure wish I could've been there. I just LOVE that picture of Emma and Brian. Such a big smile (laugh?). Too cute!
So glad we were able to share this special moment with you and Brian!
Post a Comment