Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And She's Up!

Emma has officially figured out how to pull herself up....it didn't take her long did it? I have never ever met a more determined baby in my life. She gets mad when she can't figure something out right away and then works and works until she can figure it out. It is amazing that I can see this characteristic trait in her all ready. In one way I am dreading the toddler years raising a kid that has such a strong determination, in other ways I can see what great things she can become because she has that determination to do it.
Daddy has since, lowered the bed to the lowest level. People have told me that, with their children they moved it to the middle level first and the lowest level when they reach toddler hood. We did that initially but she could still pull herself up. Brian did not think she would be able to pull herself out at that middle level but I was not willing to take the chance, mainly because this girl figures things out quickly. She is very strong and very determined. So now it is really low and I think it will be a long while until she is able to pull herself up in her crib again.

The craziness is....all this before her 6 month birthday! Whew, I am tired all ready...this little energy ball is gonna give her momma a run for the money.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Oh look at her go! Yep, she is definitely gonna give you a run for your money. But hey, you are the Bargain Queen of Money! So little Emma will have her work cut out for her trying to get something over on you. ;)

Mom said...

Oh no! Glad you put that on the lowest setting.....I don't want to imagine what she will be like at age 2! We will have to have lots of learning toys to keep her busy!