Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Count your Blessings

Count your blessings, one by one, count your blessings see what God hath done! Have you ever heard that song? Well it is ringing in my ears today. I am reflecting on the many blessings God has given me this week and I really want to name them, big and small, one by one.

1. Spending a day with my in-laws. I am blessed to have such a close relationship with them. They are good to me They are ALWAYS there when Brian and I need something.

2. I am thankful that Emma gives kisses now

3. Receiving a pumpkin hat I so desperately wanted for Emma from my best friend, among a few other cute clothes.

4. Getting a card in the mail from an old friend that I haven't heard from in ages, asking if I would help take care of her baby for 3 months while she is in training (shortly after Brian and I discussing we need a little more income for a little while).

4. Getting a sweet note from a friend telling me how good a job I was at being a mommy, and that some days are hard but reminding me I am not alone in that, and that she was there for me.

5. Our Taxes on our mortgage payment were adjusted again so our payment is $20.00 less each month.

6. I received a rebate check in the mail for something I purchased, which made that item completely free!

7. Getting a few referrals for my swagbucks. This will help our family out greatly to either buy Emma the car seat she needs or to get a few Christmas presents at a very low cost.

8. Brian and I used to order Netflix, but got rid it since we are tighter w/o my income. He was bummed because he wanted to watch the final season of Smallville. But someone gave him the season to borrow this week.

9. Selling an MP3 player on Ebay for $35.00 that I got for free.

10. I received lots of coupons in my mail box this week.

11. I was able to get 4 frozen meals this week for a total of $1.82 at Kroger (.46 cents each)

12. My dad had a birthday this week. I am thankful he is still alive. I am also thankful for the assurance that when it is time for him to leave this earth he will be spending an eternity in Heaven.

13. I am thankful Vicki gave me the Pork&Beans I needed to make for my SIL's baby shower.

14. I am thankful for God's forgiveness, and that he reminded me of His forgiveness through my devotions this week.

15. I am thankful we have electricity. May sound funny, but I have been finding myself thanking God for it this week.

16. I am thankful for the sweet friends God has given me since I have moved to Ohio.

17. For having a helpful husband. He cut the watermelon for my SIL's baby shower for me, since I was out Friday evening, and he also woke up early on a Saturday morning to help me get the car loaded.

18. That Emma is such a happy baby. She didn't hardly cry all day, even though she was passed from person to person and missed her long naps in her own bed.

19. That my Mom was able to make it for the shower. That I got to see my nieces. That I got to help make the day special for Lindsey...Just thankful for family!

This is a short list of things I have found myself thankful for this very week.

No comments: