The meaning of my name, Janelle actually means "God is Gracious" I find this definition very true and very fitting for my life. God is BEYOND gracious to me. I have way more then I truly deserve. He spoils me, He really does! I am a dirty, nasty, rotten sinner and yet He gives me so much still! I will never, ever understand it. However, I hope I always have the attitude of thanking Him for every bit of it.
I had a "God is Gracious" moment that I wanted to share with you. I was trying to order diapers on Amazon today. There was a good deal of 156 diapers. If you use the subscribe and save option you save 30%, plus I all ready get free shipping, and I had a 10% coupon code too, making the total $17.43. That makes each diaper .11 cents each. Pretty decent deal right?
I have credits in my Amazon account (from using swagbucks) and those were automatically being deducted off, showing that I owed nothing. I did not want to use my credits at this time for a couple different reasons. I wanted to put the diaper purchase on a card. I could not figure out how to not use my credits so I called and asked for help.The guy I spoke with logged into my account to do it for me. After I got off, I realized he did not do it right. He had my credits used after all and did not put the charge on my card. I was a little frustrated at that point, mainly because I was on the phone for at least a 1/2 hour or more, and there was somewhat of a language barrier.
I almost decided well whatever, so it used my swagbuck credits, no big deal, let it go. But I decided that I would just call and nicely ask if there was anyway to reverse it. If not I would just chalk it up and be happy that the diapers technically only cost me my time (since I earned those credits by using swagbucks). The lady was so VERY nice. She said she tried doing it three times from my account and could not figure out how to do it either, (charging my actual card instead). So for courtesy she said she was just going to add the 17.43 credit back into my amazon account and give me the diapers completely free! I was so shocked. I told her I did not expect her to do that but thanked her several times.
Even though free diapers may seem like such a small thing, I consider it a present from my Heavenly Father, reminding me that His gracious hand is upon my life.
I am curious, do you know what your name means and do you think it fits your life and personality?
1 comment:
awesome story!!! :-)
Post a Comment