Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sneak Peak

Here is a sneak peak of how Emma's big girl room is coming along.

This is the bed we got off craigslist. We are going to clean it up and repaint it to make it look new.
I received a free sample of paint (pink) in the mail months back: http://janellebond.blogspot.com/2011/02/mailbox-monday.html At the time I had chosen a pink color thinking I could do a little project for Emma in her nursery. Well, I am glad I had it on hand! First, I bought letters for her name and painted them.

I love that there are hooks in her room now for coats and remembered that we used to have this hook hanging up back when we lived in our apartment, but it has been sitting in a box since. So I decided to go hunting to dig it out and wola!! I love how it turned out.

Next I am going to sand down an old frame and paint it the same color.
Then we had this oak bookshelf in the office (where Emma's new room is going) and had left over white paint from a project we did this summer so I painted it as well. It will be a place for her books as well as her night stand. Don't you just love what a little paint can do?
Brian went and ahead and put up the new curtain rod and valences we got to match her new bedding. It really does help me to get a visual of her girly room to come!
Small strides, but strides none-the-less. I can't wait to see the finished product.

No comments: