It was a nice long weekend for me. I got off at 2:00PM on Friday and they gave me the day off today. I have relaxed a lot and it has been nice I must say. I did a lot of reading. I make goals for myself each year and one this year was to read at least 12 books by the end of 2008. Well, I have almost tripled that goal. I am reading my 34th book! I have enjoyed this so much. I have become an addictive reader. I have read books on marriage, prayer, spiritual growth, children, and Christian fiction. It has been such a wonderful journey through these books.
On Saturday our Sunday school class get together was canceled so Brian and I went over and played games with Dave and Cathy. We had so much fun. First, we played Sorry. I of course won, ha! They were teasing me about my competitive side. It was funny. Dave said, "Hey you can take a pic of the board, we have a computer, you can go blog it right now." Thanks Dave...I love being the one to be picked on, ha! Then we played Rook. I didn't know how to play but Dave was a good teacher and I actually understood it by the end of the night. I am addicted now and I really wish we could play some more. Does anyone want to come over???
After church we ate at Bullwinkles with Brian's parents for Mothers Day. It was good to see them. I haven't seen them since Easter. It is a little sad that we live so close and do not see each other much. I love my in laws dearly. They have always been so good to me. I am so thankful for that. Brian and I treated them this time. We both agreed that was nice because they treat us so much. My Father-n-law, Steve was so cute, he said "Well next we will treat you guys for daughter-n-law day." He is such a sweetie...I absolutely have the best Father-n-law in the universe:) He is always so excited to see me and he loves giving me hugs. Yep...I like him.
I of course, missed my own Mom and Dad for this special occasion. It is hard sometimes to be so far away from them. I am excited to get to be going to Florida to visit them though in just a few weeks for my baby brothers graduation.
So, some of you may know I have been struggling with my weight and trying so hard to gain some pounds. I went to the doc a few weeks back and they weighed me at 109. That is 6 pounds since I have been actively trying. It is so easy to fluctuate though. When I get on the scale and it is anything less I get discouraged. But I think I am really keeping it on now. Today I went to the grocery and wore my jeans that my bf Julie helped me pick out over a year ago. They are my favorite pair because they actually fit. But anyways, they felt pretty snug on the back end today. I thought, "Is this just in my head or are my jeans feeling a little tight?" So when I got home, I changed and weighed myself. It said 110! So some of you may think I am crazy but this is such a victory for me. This has been such a struggle for me that I even pray about it and ask God to please help me gain weight. I am so proud of myself for not giving up and thankful that God does care about me enough to help me with something as little as weight gain. I am so excited though and thought I would share.
Another goal has been met. Brian and I were going to save all of our refund tax money for a house. But when we added it up with all the money combined that we got it is exactly enough to pay off all our credit cards. So after I mail out all our credit card bills this month we will be free from credit cards. Wahoo!
Now, I am going to finish another book, so if you'll excuse me...I will write again another time.
4 comments:
Getting off early and having the day off--a nice way to surround your weekend I must say. Great job reading all those books. That's awesome!
It is great how God helps us with the "small" things in our lives. I am proud of you for gaining weight. If you ever want to take on my love handles, I will gladly hand them over :)
Congrats! I'm glad you're a 110 pounder now!!! Seriously. :)
A nice long relaxing weekend - so nice!!! Glad you enjoyed it. Congrats on gaining weight!! I'm with Mary - I can hand over my handles too :-)
I've played rook before - I remember it being fun at the time - but don't think I remember how to play now. I'm addicted to Eucre - but hardly get to play.
That's great about the weight gain, Janelle! Looks like we'll have to go shopping next time we see each other, which I hope somehow will be sooner then later. :) Love ya, Julie
Post a Comment