We spent the weekend by just hanging out and relaxing. We looked at pictures, talked a lot, made cards, and had a little picnic on her swing on the front porch. This weekend was the Kentucky Derby and she lives a few blocks down so we went for a couple walks around the town to get in on some of the action. It was fun. When it came time for the race we went home and watched it on the TV. Sally was happy that her horse Big Brown won. I was sad that Belle had to die. She lead the race a good part of the way and even finished the race. But she broke both her ankles and that had to put her down on the spot.
Sally said something this weekend that is so true, "There are friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime." There are very few lifetime friends in our lives but I know Sally is one of them. We had a wonderful reunion and hopefully it is not 3 more years until we get to see each other again.
4 comments:
I'm glad you had a nice visit with your friend. Lifetime friends are few and far between sometimes, but they are great when you have them. The only hard thing is growing up and moving away from each other. I have a friend from first grade, and she's in Texas now, so the chances of us seeing each other are slim, but maybe someday. At least we've got phones and e-mails :)
I love you Janelly! Thank you for making the trek to come see me! You've inspired me to READ! I went through our many books yesterday to decide where I would start!
I'm glad that you had a good time visiting your friend.
We moved several times with the military. The good thing about being in the military is that you make friends with lots of different people. The bad thing about being in the military is that your friends all live in different states and you don't get to see them very much.
It is so hard to keep up with your closest friends (lifetime friends) somtimes, but well worth the effort. My closest friend lives about 5 hours away. But like Mary said - thank goodness for phones and email!!
That was so sad when they put the horse down. :(
Post a Comment