Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Florida Trip

I'm home! The time that I was away went really fast. Melody and and I had so much fun. But, as always it is so good to be home. There is so much to say, and not enough time to say it, but I will do the best I can to blog my Florida trip.

Day 1
Melody and I left last Friday morning. She absolutely LOVED the plane ride. She said, "This is really amazing huh?" when we were up in the air looking down. She went on and on the rest of the trip about the airplane. Here is a picture of us before we left.
We arrived in Florida around 11:00. She was fascinated with the Orlando airport because it had a waterfall , a disney store, and lots of fun disney characters painted on the walls, and ect.
Florida was just so neat to her. There are lizards all over there so she was so tickled by that. We chased some and caught some. She loved getting to hold some. Also, she thought the palm trees were so neat. When she first saw one she said, "Oh Janelle like at the cool tree." She also told us a lot that Florida was hot. It was funny.

That evening Mom, Dad, Melody and I went to Downtown Disney. She got to make her own princess crown, ran through the sprinklers, and she loved the Rain forest cafe because of all the fake animals that looked so real.

She really took to Grandpa. She had a lot of fun loving on him.This is the crown she made.















Her with the princess statues.

Here is a picture of her walking with Grandma and Grandpa. Isn't it cute?

Day 2
The next day we went to the beach. She LOVED the beach, other than getting a taste of the salt water. Ha, that was funny. She played in the water, collected seashells, and made a sand castle.
The rest of the day we just hung out. That evening all the family came over so she got to play with her cousin Jacob and all her uncles. She was a little timid of all her uncles at first but she warmed up quick and had a lot of fun with them.
This is Melody with her Uncle Jared
Day 3
On Sunday we went to church. She had so much fun with the other boys and girls. After church they all found a huge turtle in the yard along with a baby one. She was of coarse fascinated with that as well.
This is her with her uncle JeremeyThis is my cute nephew Jacob.
After church we went to the Zoo. She seemed to have fun, but by the end she said her feet were hurting and it was really hot. She loves animals though so she enjoyed seeing and feeding a few.
Day 4
Memorial Day

Josh had his graduation party/ open house on Monday. We all helped decorate and it looked good. He asked me to make a picture board for him so I did. All the food was good. Mom ordered most of it. There were several friends and family that came out to help celebrate!

My brother Jeremey set up the waterside for the kids outside. They had so much fun!
Then I went to get my perm! Here is a pic with my wearing my rollers overnight. Ha! I look so funny! My hair is pretty curly and poofy right now. I am not sure I like it but I am sure I will once it calms down a bit. It still stinks really bad though. I hope it all goes away before I see Brian. I am pretty sure he won't be excited about the smell.
Day 5
Yay for Disney World! On Tuesday we spent 12 hours at the Magic Kingdom. It was fun but boy were we tired at the end of the night. We didn't even get to see half of the park because it was so busy and there was so much to see. We got to see the princesses though...and that of coarse was the most important of all. Melody was so taken by them.
Me and my favorite princess Cinderella. She was so pretty!
She absolutely loved the parades. Here are a few shots of the "Dreams Come True" parade.
The night ended not so well. Melody was getting tired and crabby and then Mom lost her purse. We felt sick because, not only was all her money in there but her car keys were in there as well. Fortunately, one of the workers found it and turned it in. Whew! That was scary. Then, when we got off the trolley we couldn't find the car anywhere! We looked in several parking lots for 45 minutes to an hour before we found it. We were all frustrated, tired and crabby by then. We didn't get home until 2:00 AM. Craziness!!!!!!

Day 6
Josh's big day was on Wednesday. His graduation went well. Hooray for class of 2008!
Here's pictures of my little bubba.
Day 7
Most of the day Mom and I worked on making all the place cards for Jason and Lindsey's wedding. I think they turned out good and they seem to be happy with them. It was a job...but it was fun. Then, before I knew it, it was time to pack up and go home. Our flight landed at 9:35 PM. Hope picked us up and took my to Jason's house so Melody and Charity could be reunited. It was so sweet! I think they really missed each other. I arrived home around 11:30 to an empty house:( I can hardly wait to be with my honey again! That about sums up my Florida trip. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Grateful Grammy said...

Looks like you had a busy week, but lots of fun. I am glad that you got to go home and be with your family and spend time with your niece. I enjoyed all of the pictures and running itinerary.
I like your perm,too.

Mary said...

Let's see, I wanna make sure I comment on everything, well, almost everything ;)

I wouldn't go near those lizards when I went to Disney World! And if I saw one coming at me, I'd move away fast :)

The day at the beach looks like fun, and you got to spend time with your family, which is always nice. I forgot how big your family is. It must be fun when you guys are all together.

I like Melody's church dress--those sailor-type outfits for kids are usually very cute.

Ooh, I like the picture board you put together! Must have taken a while. Oh, and that waterslide looks awesome! I wanna go on it ;)

I met the princesses too when I was there. I think it's fun for any age, you know? I love the parade pictures. The best part of Disney World was meeting Mickey Mouse. And then he was in all the parades-- it was great!

Congrats to your brother for graduating! It's a great accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Your niece is so cute...I think she looks a lot like you. I'm happy you had fun. I bet Brian missed you!!