Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It is great to be a Woman

Last week we had a ladies meeting at a breakfast buffet. I just love the women at my church. They are just amazingly loving, close, fun, friendly and just plain out wonderful. I am so thankful to be a part of this group of women. At the breakfast Our Pastor's wife, Gayla had 12 of us act out the 12 days of Christmas. It was fun. Here is a cute little video.

I pitched an idea to Gayla a while back to do a card exchange with our ladies and she loved it. So I presented that at the meeting and a lot of the women thought it was a great idea and were really excited about it.

When Gayla announced that I was coming up to present the idea she told the others about my desire to do women's ministries. She said she thought it was great to see a young woman want to be a part of this type ministry because I am the next generation. She also told them I am going to be her new partner. That meant a great deal to me. First, I am so thankful for a pastor's wife that is willing to use a "young girl" and give me opportunities. Second, I am thankful for amazing woman who encourage me toward my passion for women's ministry. Third, I am totally pumped about any thing I can get my hands on in the women's program even if it is just leading them in a praise song!

Tonight I was able to sit down with Gayla for a good hour to talk about things we want to do for 2009 and she asked my to be the speaker for our meeting in January. Of course I am excited about the opportunity and got my wheels turning of what I would like to teach.

Again, I feel blessed to be rubbing shoulders with woman that have such sweet spirits and a close bond with another. I came home last Saturday and told Brian, "I love being a woman!"

1 comment:

Mary said...

Looks like fun! I'm sorry I missed it :)