Melissa elected me as the passer-outer since I had the Santa hat on. Later Vicki said, "The first year she was quiet, the second and third year she was warming up, and the fourth year she just runs the show!" Yep, that's me a little ball of energy.
The first gift I happened to pick up was one for myself and Vicki said, "Oh, you have to open that one first! Stop passing out gifts, sit down and open it before you do anything else." Strange I thought. I was thinking they were playing a practical joke on me. Well here's what I got.
A $20.00 CVS card. I guess I am the brunt of everyone's jokes now because I love CVS care bucks. On Tuesday night Brian, his sister and Mom went shopping and I had prepared him with a baggie full of coupons, and cut out adds so he he would know which stores had the sales. They all made fun of me and said I was doing it so I could get more stuff since everything they were getting was cheaper than normal. I am not sure why I get made fun of for trying to save them money but maybe they will learn to appreciate it someday and make fun of some one else!Here's is Brian making a goofy faces, trying to act surprised I guess.
Aunt Katie loved the sweater Brian picked out for her at Kohls.
Aunt Katie got Melissa a John Deer clock.
We got his Dad a computer bag, a keyboard, and I thing to hold his laptop up higher on the table. He seemed to like them.
Here's Vicki. I got her a Beth Moore book.
I played a trick on her though. In the fall she really wanted this picture from the Family Christian store. I had found a really good coupon so I called her and told her about it. She asked me to save it for her and she would go buy it later with the coupon. She did not want to full price for it because it was expensive. Well I gave her the coupon but she wasn't able to go because another expense came up. A few weeks later I got another 33% off coupon so I went and snatched it up and told Steve to not let her buy it.Well, even though we have not talked about it since, I was afraid if I carried it on she would know immediately what it was. So we made her think all she was getting from us was her book. But then Brian went and carried it in. She kept asking, "Am I getting a baby, am I getting a baby?" Even though it wasn't a grand baby announcement she was still pretty happy with the picture. It was funny though because when she unwrapped it, she crunched up her nose and said. "did you use a coupon?" I wouldn't tell her but of course if she reads this she'll know. Maybe if coupons is a means to get what they want for Christmas then maybe they'll stop making fun of me!

As usual, Steve and Vicki were very generous in their gift giving. Here is what I recieved:Cricut mats, Cricut tools, 2 books that I wanted, Phillips, Craig, Dean cd, Scrapbook screwdriver set, face wash, Scrapbook adhesives, candy, and of course my cvs card.
Melissa got me Casting Crowns Christmas cd and the new Chris Tomlin cd.His Aunt Katie gave Brian and I 4 gift cards to eat out at Applebees, O'charleys, Red Lobster, and Olive Garden. So, I am looking forward to some dates with my man!
We had a fun night and a good Christmas at the Bond's house!
No comments:
Post a Comment