Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Disheartened

Brian and I just got free breakfast, and hour long sales pitch of buying a time share, (which we said no to), and $75.00 in gift cards for listening to the whole spiel. We hope to use this to be able to go to one of the parks this week. It is like only paying for 1 ticket rather than two.

As I was relaxing today, before we had to leave I was listening to the news. I am disheartened because President Obama is trying to get rid of the "Conscience Clause." The conscience clause is something that allows health-care workers to refuse to provide services based on moral objections (such as abortion).

Read this from the article "U.S. Senator Says He Would Practice Civil Disobedience If Obama Repeals Abortion 'Conscience Clause' By Josiah Ryan, Staff Writer:

"(CNSNews.com) – Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), who is also an OB/GYN, told CNSNews.com on Friday that many medical practitioners, including himself, will go to prison before agreeing to engage in medical practices they morally oppose, such as abortion.“I think a lot of us will go to jail,” Coburn told CNSNews.com when asked what would happen if the administration reverses the policy. “Let’s see them prosecute the first one of us for not doing that.” By that comment, Coburn meant that doctors, himself included, are willing to defy the law before agreeing to perform medical procedures that violate their conscience, a Coburn spokesman clarified."

Praise the Lord for those whom have already decided they would take a stand against this.
I feel very disheartened about this that Christian doctors might have to be faced with the choice to either perform an abortion or risk loosing their job and going to jail. I could go on a soap box right now and discuss all my reasons of why I am against the Obama administration reversing this clause, however I find it more beneficial to encourage my blog readers to take the following steps.

Number one, pray. Pray for our president and his administration that God will move in great way. Pray for the doctors and other health care workers that will be forced to make this decision, that they will be strong and stand up for their beliefs.

Number two, before this law is reversed there will be a 30-day public comment period, where regular citizens of the United States, like you and me will be able to make known how we feel about this law change. So please stay tuned into this story and ask that you be proactive and make your voice heard.

Number three, trust God. He is Sovereign and allows everything to happen for a reason. He may allow these Christian health care providers to suffer persecution in order show His great power at a later time, or possibly to get more Christians on fire for Him. Whatever the reason, we do not know what God plans to do or what His plan is through this but we do know that He is the One True God and He is in control!

I absolutely love the song, "One True God" by Mark Harris. Every time I hear it I have planned to put the lyrics on my blog because I think it is so powerful, so true, and so encouraging. Now I see why I would always forget because I think this is the perfect blog entry to include these lyrics. Please take a moment to read through these lyrics carefully, I hope it will bless you as much as it has me.

I don't have a God I can put on a stand
Or a God I hold in the palm of my hand
I have a God that's holding me
And I don't have a God that I can create
In the place I live with the money I make
I have a God, He made everything
So I don't need a temporary man made deity
When I got the real thing
I got the real thing

He's the Lord of all the earth
The maker of all things
He alone is the one true God
Kingdoms rise and fall
He remains the one true God

I don't have a thing that I got on my own
I don't have a care that I carry alone
But I have a God who's carrying me
I don't have sin that He doesn't forgive
And I don't have a heart that is worthy of His
But I have a God who still loves me
So I don't need a temporary man made deity
When I got the real thing
I got the real thing

He's the Lord of all the earth
The maker of all things
He alone is the one true God
Kingdoms rise and fall
But even through it all
He remains the one true God

I don't have a God I can put on a stand
Or a God I hold in the palm of my hand
I have a God that's holding me.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Ooh, those are good lyrics. I'll have to find this song online and listen to it sometime.

Have fun at whatever park you choose to party at! Say hi to Mickey for me! He and I are tight :)