Last week Ally and I worked on Acorns. Max Lucado has a book called "The Oak inside the Acorn". It is a cute little story of this little acorn trying to find it's purpose in life and his Mom (Oak tree) tells him to just be the oak that God wants him to be. He discovers his purpose is just that and when he grows into a big oak tree the owner of the yard he is planted in builds a swing for his little daughter. Year after year she grows until one day she realizes she too has to grow into the woman God wants her to be. So I read her the story once on Monday and once on Friday. Through the week we went out and collected acorns,and did several acorn crafts, and Friday we made little acorn treats. I am not normally this creative. This book I had gave me all the ides but we had a lot of fun doing them. What was so great was they have a oak tree out front with the same kind of swing shown in the book. So I had to get photos!Ally holding her acorns


Here is Ally on the swing

Ally throwing leaves and I love this picture of Eden.


Here are the treats we made. They are supposed to look like acorns but I am not convinced.

1 comment:
That sounds like an awesome book, Janelle. How old are Ally and Eden? Are you planning to post your craft ideas and acorn treat recipe?
Post a Comment