God always knows what we need when we need it. I was feeling rather discouraged yesterday and this morning about something. But during nap time today, I got to read a couple chapters of "Having a Mary heart in a Martha world."
I see so much of myself in Martha's character rather than Mary's character. In Luke 10 Martha was worrying while Mary was praying. God told Martha she was "cumbered about" she was worried, fretting, and frazzled. The author Joanna Weaver had one chapter just on our tendencies to worry rather than pray and leave our burdens in the hands of God. Why is this so hard?
Paul tells us in Philippians 4:6
1. Be anxious about nothing
2. Be prayerful about everything
3. Be thankful in ALL things
Isaiah 26:3 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee."
No comments:
Post a Comment