Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Stretch your Imagination

In the previous post I mentioned how costly the cartridges for the cricut are. After looking at all the cartridges available I set my eyes on only one that looked like was actually worth my money. This particular one has a little of each season, a little wedding and a little baby stuff. So I thought one with a little of everything would be a good way to go for me since I am too cheap to spend that much money to have several cartridges. I went to Michaels on Saturday because they said there cartridges were on sale for $29.99. I thought good deal! I am going for it! Well, once I got there, I learned only certain ones were that price. Of course right...that's how they get you into their stores. I went to look at the one I had already eyed and to see it sitting on the shelf for $89.99 made me want to pass out. "No way am I paying that!" I said to myself. So I went and priced at Hobby Lobby. They were selling it for $69.99 That's much better I thought but I am still not paying that! As I was looking an elderly lady said she has been pricing around because her daughter wants a cricut for Christmas. She told me the exact cartridge I was looking at was going for 59.99 at Walmart. Okay it starting to look a little better. I thanked her for this source of imformation. But still did not want to pay that much.
Now that I knew what they were really going for I decided to start my bidding on ebay. I set a limit for $35.00 (including shipping). I probably bidded, hm, at least 10 times and was outbid every time. So, I told Brian Oh well, I guess I will have to give up and maybe see if I can find one cheap the day after Thanksgiving somewhere. So I stopped looking and bidding, figuring I was fighting a loosing battle. But then I got an email this morning from a seller that was giving me a 2nd chance offer. This usually happens when the person that outbid did not pay for the item or the seller had a duplicate. Guess how much it was? $31.00 + $4.00 shipping. Isn't that awesome!?!
Here is a picture of some of the images this cartridge has. Isn't it darling? I can hardly wait until it arrives. Anyways, I just wanted to share my enthusiasm with you! Please click on it to get even a better view of the images.
P.S. I called my father-n-law and told him I knew the perfect Christmas gift for Vick. He asked what. I told him cricut cartridges. Haha I crack myself. I was just kidding of course, but honestly it is a blessing that me and her can share the cricut, if she ever decides to use it that is.

No comments: