We will be gone for the entire first week of March for my brothers wedding. Which reminds me that there are more things to do like maybe finding cheap airline tickets, practicing the song I am singing for the wedding (which I am totally freaked about), try to find something nice and inexpensive for Brian and I to wear for the big day, finding a wedding gift, and doing all this on a tight budget since we are buying a house! Whew. It is exhausting to have this mind of mine right now.We will be staying in a condo for the week in Orlando. While it will be nice to have a down time away before life gets really crazy it is a little nerve racking to be gone the entire week before our set closing. We will return on Sunday the 8th and close on Wednesday the 11th.
During nap time today I started reading another Elizabeth George book, "Loving God with all Your Mind." After the first chapter I know that it is just what I need right now.
Philippians 4:8 says, "Finally brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, what is good report, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things" (NAS).The book is about focusing our mind on God and His Word. Disciplining our minds to think on things that are true and right . Taking one day at a time and not letting thoughts of the past nor the future hinder us from thinking on "right things". I did not get far because I felt burdened to just pray and take all the "little" worries and thoughts to the throne of God.
Our friend, Dave showed a video on finaces the other night, but one thing he said really stuck out to me. He said when we buy things we think we need on credit it's like we are not trusting God for those things, we are trusting in our money. I have been pondering that, it really is true, but I now realize that can be true in more area than just finances. If I am trusting God then there really is no need for me to stress, worry, fret, or really think much upon these things that clutter my mind.
1 comment:
Ooh, packing is so exciting, but it is a little crazy to be away from your place and then close a couple days after you get back. Do you need any help? As long as we don't pack Matthew in a box by accident, I think I could be helpful ;)
Try not to be stressed when you're in FL. Just enjoy the time while you are down there, since you can't do anything about packing while you're away. Have a good time with family, and just focus on your little vacation.
Post a Comment