My brother Jared is getting married in less than 2 weeks now. They asked me a while back to sing at their wedding. Of course it is such an honor to be asked to sing at something as important at someone's wedding. I have never sang at a wedding before.When they decided what they wanted me to sing, "I will be here" by Stephen Curtis Chapman I was actually pretty excited because I kinda knew the song. Several years ago when my dear frieands Carol and Tom celebrated their 40th anniversary, I bought the soundtrack and sang it to them at their house for a wedding present. I had also put the lyrics into a frame with a pic of them when they were dating. Carol was so touched boy this gift I remember when I was done she cried and had to get up and walk away for a minute.
When I began practicing this song, I couldn't make it through it with out crying uncontrollably. I dearly miss my friend Carol. I thought I am not gonna make it through this. I get all emotional at weddings anyways because I absolutely love weddings and I get all these happy emotions going. On top of that this song will always remind me of the sweet love Carol and Tom had for each other, on top of that nerves! I started crying just at the thought of me singing at a wedding because I feel so inadequate! I have had to pray about this a lot. I am so grateful to two of my friends Brandi and Mary who have helped me with parts of this song. I have noticed a huge difference in the song after getting their help. I am telling you what I have never practiced this much for any other song in my life. I just want to do well. I feel much better about it now. Now, just please pray for me on that day that my nerves and emotions will not get the best of me.
Tomorrow morning if you wake up and the sun does not appear
I will be here
If in the dark, we lose sight of love
Hold my hand, and have no fear
Cause I will be here
I will be here when you feel like being quiet
When you need to speak your mind I will listen
And I will be here
When the laughter turns to cryin'
Through the winning, losing and trying
We'll be together I will be here
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the future is unclear I will be here
Just as sure as seasons were made for change
Our lifetimes were made for these years
So I will be here
I will be here And you can cry on my shoulder
When the mirror tells us we're older
I will hold you And I will be here
To watch you grow in beauty
And tell you all the things you are to me
I will be here
I will be true to the promise I have made
To you and to the One who gave you to me
I will be here
And, just as sure as seasons are made for change
our lifetimes are made for years I, I will be here
We'll be together Cause I will be here
3 comments:
That is such a sweet picture of Carol and her husband. Is that the one you framed?
You are going to do just fine. And don't worry about messing up. I usually mess up at least once when I sing a song. And most of the time no one ever notices. Besides, people will look at you when you sing, but then they will mostly look at the bride and groom. We wedding singers are just background music ;)
No, I had framed one of them when they were actually "dating". It was just as beautiful! I took this one of them, and it is my favorite picture that I have ever taken ever.
Thanks again for your help Mary. I am getting that last trouble spot much better!
LOVE that song. We had it sung at our wedding too!! I start to tear up whenever I hear it too - I had to stop reading your lyrics because I felt the tears coming on!! :-)
I am sure you will sing beautifully!!
Post a Comment