Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bathroom in pogress

We still have not finished the bathroom, for several reasons. One reason being Brian has spent countless hours trying to get the vinyl floor up. It has been a horrid job! I spent a long time doing the closet today. Not fun, I tell you. We have been doing it all with a hammer and a chisel. Whew! I have just one tiny section left (which I am currently taking a break from), then we will be finished with this wretched task.
Brian took out the sink and vanity today. We also bought all our bathroom accessories today. I hated spending more money even with a 10% off coupon but when I got home I felt like it was Christmas! It really is going to be so beautiful in there:) I am not sure if I mentioned it or not yet, but we are painting it a very light purple, more like a lilac color.

Here is the vanity we bought. We looked for a long time in many places to find a cheaper one, but this was the one I fell in love with. The stain color is called Java. I really wanted something with drawers on both sides to make living with one bathroom more manageable. Now Brian can have one side and I can have the other:) Here is a picture (with out the handles of course).
Here is the faucet I picked out. I think it is super cute!
This is the light fixture.
Here is the toilet paper holder, hand towel and bath towel rack.
Before we moved out of the apartment I found these shower curtain hooks at target but decided not to get them. Well, when we went to get one of our last loads to move, I opened up my car door and there was a target bag in my seat. I thought hm...what's this? When I looked inside I found the hooks. Brian bought them for me and left them on the seat as a little surprise. I thought that was so sweet.
We bought a mirror/medicine cabinet today as well. However I did not want to take it out of the box yet. We bought the tile several weeks ago. It is purple/gray. I really like it a lot! I am not looking forward to going with out a toilet and sink for a few days in order to get the tile in, but hey it will be be worth it when it is all finished.
I feel a little overwhelmed because there is still a lot to do around here before Brian's 30th party. We only have 2 more weeks. Whew! However, I am trying to make lists and just knocking off one project at a time. Hopefully, next time I blog about our potty room I will be reporting it as a finished task!

1 comment:

Mary said...

well, all the pieces look lovely, and I'm sure it will be beautiful when it's all put together. Good luck getting it all done!