I don't know why but I didn't get a picture of the entire front. I took pictures in sections of the different plants we had. To give you an idea, here are pictures of how it did look from left to right.
First there we the drooping tree which Brian really like so we decided to keep. Here is what it did look like:
And this is what it looks like now.
Then in the middle there was a Hosta which we took out and gave to his Mom since we had several of them.
Then on the right there were three different bushes.
Steve trimmed them down and Brian moved a few things around. He took the big square one completely out and moved the two small ones to the left next to the one that was there and moved the barberry bush from the back to replace the Hosta that we took out.And this is what the front looks like now.
The thing on the right is some type of yellow flower that is still supposed to bloom.It still isn't gorgeous or anything, but at least it is looking trimmed down and cleaner now.
I have a little flower bed to the right. Vicki helped me move some of the flowers I like from the back up. She told me they will struggle to look pretty this year from moving them but will look really nice when they come back in next year.
When Vicki and I were pulling stuff out in the back she found a rose bush that was just starting to bloom. After just a couple days look at the growth. I definitely plan on keeping this.
This what one side in the back looked before:
This is what it looks like thus far. We still have a lot to do! The bigger things that are left we are gonna have to pull out with my Jeep or Steve's truck and we have to wait until the ground is not wet to do that. It is looking better. We got a lot done with just one day. We completely filled the bed in Steve's truck of things we have already taken out. How crazy is that?
Here is what the other side looked like before:
Our progress thus far:
Yep, we pretty much still have a lot to do. Pretty much everything you see here is going bye-bye. Then we will lay dirt and next year we'll plant grass and have a normal looking yard.
1 comment:
What a great start you all are off to--good progress! I'm impressed. I bet it's so nice to have your in-laws there to help! Love ya!
Post a Comment