Pages

Thursday, June 4, 2009

No other friend like Jesus

I thought last night was a wonderful night at church. We had a missionary there. First he sang this song and I found it so encouraging as I reflected upon the meaning of the words.

I would love to tell you what I think of Jesus,
Since I found in Him a friend so strong and true;
I would tell you how He changed my life completely,
He did something that no other friend could do.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me,
O how much He cared for me.

All my life was full of sin when Jesus found me,
All my heart was full of misery and woe;
Jesus placed His strong and loving arms about me,
And He led me in the way I ought to go.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me,
O how much He cared for me.

Ev'ry day He comes to me with new assurance,
More and more I understand His words of love;
But I'll never know just why He came to save me,
Till some day I see His blessed face above.

No one ever cared for me like Jesus,
There's no other friend so kind as He;
No one else could take the sin and darkness from me,
O how much He cared for me.

I am so tankful for the wonderful friends I have, but there is no other friend that truly loves me and cares for me like Jesus.

Then the missionary had a wonderful message about being a light to those people that God puts in our paths each and every day and sharing the God News of the gospel with them. Like the song says, because of Him my life has changed completely, and the lost need to hear about Jesus so that that their lives might also be changed completely. The message was very good and convicting. My prayer to the Lord is for Him to help me see people that way He sees them.

The high light of the night was a member of our church got saved. He made a profession at age four but was feeling unsettled about it so he made assurance of that. Praise the Lord!!! I am so happy for this man and his wife.

No comments: