Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

3 months down, 6 to go!

Just a quick update on me. Today I am 12 weeks along, hooray! I am going on the third morning in a row with out getting sick, so I am hoping this is the end of morning sickness for me. Here is my 3 month photo.
On Friday. I went to the dentist to get my gum's contoured. It didn't even occur to me that I wasn't supposed to have anesthetics being pregnant. I am glad I thought to tell my dentist I was expecting. She stopped right away, and said we can't do this today, unless you want to try to do with out it. So I did! I was proud of myself that I was brave enough to go with out it. She still numbed me some with the topical which helped. It really wasn't that bad though. I was a little sore that night but other than that I felt just fine. I was sad at first because the gum's looked rough obviously from just being burnt off, but now they are healed and look great!

After my appointment, my friend Mary and I (and baby Matthew) had lunch with our husbands, since they work together. We ate at Fridays. We had such a good time with them. They were so thoughtful and sent us home with a bag full of gifts for baby peanut! Matthew picked out the coolest toy for our baby! A monkey rattle: isn't it so cute?
I found a book shelf that I wanted for the babies room and last night Brian and I went to buy it. Can you believe I put it together all by myself? Brian would have done it if I was willing to wait. But, I was just too excited and impatient so I tackled the task by myself.
One thing I hope to do a lot of with my babies is read to them. I all ready have several books to put onto the the shelf. The wood is a little darker than I think I really wanted. This is "espresso" and the crib we picked out is "coffee." Hopefully the colors are close to matching.

Look at what Brian found at Kohl's: a monkey hooded towel! I have been looking for one. I was excited that he found one.
I have gotten a few more cards in the mail. One was a very sweet one from my Mom to baby peanut. It was one of the sweetest cards I have ever gotten. I plan to save it for my scrapbook.

Today my friend Mary helped me with maternity shopping. I was feeling clueless about how to shop for a big belly. Plus I despise clothes shopping! I did find a couple good finds today. First at JCPenny's, Mary and I got the same shirt. It was on sale and Mary ave me a $10.00 off coupon so I got it for $3.18. Hooray! What a deal!
Then I got these 2 things at Once Upon a Child.
Here is my other good deal for the day. I have been looking for a dark color floor lamp for the nursery. Everything I have looked at I either did not like or it was too expensive. Today I found something I liked at Bed, Bath and Beyond. It was a set of 3, which I only wanted the floor lamp, but I had a coupon and a gift card so still out of pocket I paid $17.00 for the whole set. I felt like it was worth it for that.

I had previously picked out a sage green lamp shade at Target for $15.00. This week they offered a $10.00 gift card for new prescriptions, and I needed a refill on my vitamins, so I used that towards my purchase and paid $5.00 for the shade. The 2 small ones are going into our bedroom.
This morning during my quiet time I asked the Lord to help me be a good steward today and to find good deals. I praise Him for an answer to prayer.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Ooh, I am so impressed by your bookshelf-building skills :) And that hooded towel is so adorable!

Hmm, maybe we should "accidentally" wear our matching shirts on Friday...it would totally be a coincidence if we both had them on, for real ;)

Great deals on those lamps! I'm glad you found something you liked, and that's a really good price for 3 lamps. It's so much fun gathering things for the baby and nursery and watching it all come together.

Julie said...

Cute clothes! I LOVE the lamps! Way to be frugal, my dear! Also, I just got that SAME towel for James last week! Sooooo cute. I just love it! Anyhow, I'm so very excited to see your nursery come together! Love you!