Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Some good deals

Friday I had my 3 month check up. Doctor says everything looks great! Not too much news to share, except the fact that since my last appointment I have gained 5 more pounds. I couldn't believe it! I was almost expecting to be the same weight or less since I have been sick. I guess I really am eating a lot! Ha!

On Saturday I convinced Brian to take me to garage sales and I am glad I did! We found a matching washer/dryer, only 2 years old for $200.00! Brian hasn't put the tile down in the laundry room yet, but he went ahead and hooked them up anyways. I was beyond excited! I even did the happy dance. I did my first load of laundry at my own place for the first time since we have been married. Ah....it feels good to have a washer and dryer! Yay!
We also found a few deals for baby peanut: some books, onesies, socks, things that I have heard you can never have too much of. Here are my best deals for the day: first, the Eddie Bauer diaper bag. The wife had just left and I all ready had a couple other things in my hands and asked him how much was the Eddie Bauer bag. "Eh...2 bucks I guess." I didn't seem to anxious, walked away, and when I was done looking at everything else I went and snatched it up. When I went to pay, he started counting the total up and gave me everything for $4.00. I had some diaper covers, socks, and books. As I turned around and began to walk away it was about all I could do to keep from laughing. I told Brian, "I like it when the wives are gone! When she gets home and finds out he sold that to me for 2 bucks, he is in big trouble!" Well...score for me! I am not going to use it for my everyday bag but more for overnight stays or going out of town.
The last garage sale of the day that we went to, the lady was about to close up. I was surprised I was even able to convince Brian to go to one more since we had just made 2 trips home to get the washer/dryer to our house. I am glad I did though. The lady told me not to look at prices, grab everything I wanted and she would make me a deal. The good thing was she had maternity clothes and she was little like me. I pretty much took almost everything she had. I got a few adorable tops, a nice black skirt, a pair of jeans, 2 maternity tank tops, and a nursing shaw. She gave me everything for $1.00 each. I didn't realize the extent of the good deal until I got home and saw it was all from Motherhood, Gap Maternity, and Old Navy. I was pretty happy about this!

I was so excited to find a package from my friend Julie at my doorstep. She got me a summer outfit for a girl and boy. Aren't they cute?

2 comments:

Julie said...

That's awesome about the washer and dryer! Good job! It's fun anticipating a baby, isn't it?!? Enjoy it; revel in it. There's nothing like the anticipation of your first child!

Mary said...

Yay for garage sales! You guys did really well. And man, what a steal on the EB bag!