Last week Brian and I had a couple days off and we worked hard! We are rearranging in order to clear out a room for baby Bond. Either we have too much stuff or too small of a house! It is rough not having a basement or a shed to store anything. So we are getting rid of what we can and storing in the attic as much as will fit!
In the office Brian tore down his desktop computer and big desk, in order to move the tv/entertainment stand in there and out of our guest room which will be replaced with the nursery. We also moved some other things out of the office, rearranged the entire room and bought a futon from a friend so we have a place for guests since we took the guest bed down. Too bad I do not have a before pic but here is what it looks like now.
I thought the day that we would start working on the nursery would never, ever get here and I was getting a little impatient about it. Poor Brian, I am sure I have been driving him nuts. I was beginning to get stressed about not starting on it yet. So many people have asked me, "You got the nursery done?" I reply, "Haven't started yet?" Then I get the "Whaaat?" I was getting the feeling that a lot of first time Moms, start working on the nursery right of way and have it done months before baby' arrival. Now that we have begun, I wonder why I was stressing about it, we still have 8 more weeks til due date and does the nursery have to be done by the time he or she arrives?....Um no!
However, now that the process has begun, I feel very happy about it and a whole lot better! We haven't done much in there yet but it is enough to make it feel like a nursery and I often find myself gravitating to the room, just to look at it, and to rock in the glider, thinking about being a mommy and having a little one to rock and hold very soon.
I think I am beginning to ramble now:) Brian worked hard last week building shelves in the closet so I would have a place for blankets, sheets, diapers, and ect.. We decided not to get a changing table and the dresser was just not gonna be big enough to keep everything in.
Look how bad it looked before. What a mess!
2 comments:
Nice futon. We thought about getting one for the office in our house. It works as seating but can also lay down as a bed for an overnight guest.
Oh my! I can't believe you felt pressured to get your nursery done, or that people were surprised it wasn't! :) I didn't have mine done until the week before Caroline arrived! However, if we hadn't been been moving, I'd have done the same thing. ;) The office with the futon was a great idea. I wish we had an extra room for something like that. Y'all are doing great work, and I can't wait to see it firsthand (yes, that is me inviting myself over!!!)!!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment