Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ornament Exchange

By now I am sure you are familiar with our ornament exchange tradition. Each year Brian and I find an ornament for each other and write a letter with it. I love this tradition. Each year when I get out the ornaments that we have bought I love reflecting on the memories that each one brings. When it comes time to put them back in their boxes I get sad.

This is the one Brian got me this year. I just love it! He bought it because we bought our first home this year. Isn't it cute?
Sometimes he tries to weasel his way out of writing the letter, but I won't let him get away with that:) I look forward to reading my one letter a year from him. This years letter was so sweet and it really made me smile. Our letters for each other were similar in some ways as we reflected on the craziest, busiest, and most eventful year of our marriage thus far!

This is the ornament I bought him and it really, truly fits! He has an amazing talent to fix just about anything. I think he really liked his ornament as well.

2 comments:

Grateful Grammy said...

Love the ornaments! They are perfect for both of you. I am an ornament giver too. I love to find ornaments that go along with whatever the kids or Keith has done during the year. Sometimes it is easy and other times I have to strain my brain. I told Josh & Mary and Sarah & Donald that they need to take over the tradition for their kids. I think it would be fun for them to do it for their kids and they can have the memories from year to year.

Julie said...

Very sweet! I love the ornaments. We're doing this for our kids. Well, the ornaments anyways. I ought to do a letter with each one; that's a great idea!