Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

A Bun in the Oven

I hardly know where to begin....On Saturday I was given a very nice baby shower. It was incredibly beautiful and fun. The theme was "A bun in the oven" so it was done in brown with polka dots. My friend Cathy made these for the center pieces. Aren't they adorable?
A lady in my church did all these balloons. I thought they looked so pretty. All the food was good. It was all breakfast dishes. Can you believe they had my favorite donuts there? Yummo! And that isn't all, they sent me home with a dozen of them!
One of the best things about the day, was my best friend made a trip up for the shower. I was so happy that she was able to come.
She got me a lot of goodies, but I just have to show this off. Isn't this shirt and hat so cute? I can't wait to put my little person in it!
My mother--n-law was also able to come and share the special day with me.
I was very excited that my nieces along with my sister-n-law Hope were also able to be there. The girls were so cute because they were so excited to pick something out for their baby cousin and in this picture they were trying to show me what they each picked. Too precious!
I received so many nice gifts. I did not realize how much I got until I started putting it all the way. Here is a list of some of the things I got:
changing pad/2 covers
shop&play
2 sheets
bottles/nipples
spoons/bowls
lots of wipes
diapers
several blankets
bath towel/wash clothes
bath wash/shampoo/diaper ointment, ect
dishwasher container/and brush
safety items
several books
burp cloths
play gym
a few toys
shoes
and a lot of other little things
One lady made me a diaper cake. It is so nice. I just love it! So cute!
The big thing I received was the swing we registered for. Hooray! It is so nice. It was so exciting to get it.
Mrs Carter, the lady who did the devotion made this blanket for us. I think it is so beautiful! I absolutely love it! She did such a wonderful job on the devotion. Since it was a "bun in the oven" theme she took the steps of bread and made a comparison to what things we need in order to be Godly mothers. It was really good.Here are some pictures with a few of my special friends. Me and Cathy (one of the ladies who made this day happen)
Updated picture of me, Christi, and Mary with new baby! Christi is due very soon and then it will be my turn:)
Here I am at home surrounded with baby gifts! It was such a nice day. I am truly thankful for the wonderful gifts and the wonderful people who gave them to me.

3 comments:

Julie said...

It was so good getting to see you! I'm so glad that we live so much closer now! I'm still working on the editing portion of your shower pics. I don't think they're going to be amazing, but some are cute. Anyhow, I'm getting so excited to meet little baby Bond! Love you!

Mary said...

I hadn't seen that shirt and hat at the shower--its absolutely adorable!

Jeremy and Shelly said...

WOW! I love the colors and the theme! I'm assuming this shower was given to you by your church family. I can't tell you how much my church family has been a blessing to Jeremy and I!