Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

My last day

Well, I am officially unemployed. Friday was my last day of being a nanny with the family I have been with for the past 2+ years. It really is bitter-sweet. I am thankful that I will get to be a stay at home Mom, but I was so sad to leave Ally, Eden, and Henry all the same. I have been dreading my last day for weeks and have cried about more than once. On Friday I was actually surprised how well I did, until bath time. All the sudden I just couldn't hold back the tears, Ally saw, and started crying too. I wish I could have been stronger because I don't think she would have cried if I hadn't. It was sad. Okay, let me talk about the fun stuff for a few minutes so I don't get sad again.

Henry. Isn't he just such a cute little fellow? He is such a good baby. He is often very smiley and happy. You just can't help but to love this kid! I think he's gonna miss Janelly the most, ha!
Ally didn't have school. I was thankful to have the whole day to spend with her. It was nice that she didn't have school on my last day. I brought them each a little present and treat. After nap we had a little party. They ate their candy and I made hot chocolate. It was fun.
I bought this kit at Hobby lobby. It came with blank mugs and markers. I had them both color me one so that I could keep at home and have something to remember them by. Here they are with their finished mugs. They turned out really pretty.Sarah gave me this picture of the kids and this little angel. It was so thoughtful. I loved it.
The angel says, "Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever." I will surely miss them, however, I know it is only goodbye for a little while and that I will stay visit them from time to time.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Aww, it was so nice of you to get them a few things, and that's cool that Ally got to be with you all day. And those mugs were a great idea too :)

Julie said...

I love, love, LOVE the mug idea. That's awesome! I'll have to look for that at our Hobby Lobby. They are so precious. I'm glad you'll still be able to see them.