Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Almost to Home Base

So much work and little time to write, let me catch up you up on the last 2 days. Brian's parents have been so awesome through this process and have really helped out A LOT! On Tuesday night Steve brought the trailer so that we could bring our guest bed over in case we decided to crash there before we officially move in. Since, we have eaten on the go so much, and throwing our food budget out the door, Vicki made us a dinner picnic. It was so sweet and very, very good!
Brian, again very sick of pictures, but this is our first house, I am way excited and want a picture of everything! Brian bought these strap things thinking it would be easier to move, mainly because we live up 3 stories, and whatever will help, we are willing to try. They are supposed to make things much easier to carry by shifting some of the weight. He thought they worked pretty good.

Vicki and I decided to try them with a very light box while the boys were downstairs just to be funny. You should have seen us trying to get it figured out. It was stinkin' hilarious! But when the boys came back, we were pretending like we were really using them to carry the box and the boys got a pretty good kick out of that. I am so glad we are doing all this hard work with humor. It really makes life more fun and more enjoyable.
Brian finished up the tile in the entry. He did a great job. This was the first time he has ever done tile by himself. It is so nice to have a handy husband around:). He really did a good job at making it look beautiful. I am very happy with how it turned out.
Drum roll please....look at our kitchen so far! Doesn't it look awesome?! It totally looks like a different house now. Jon, our friend from church came to measure for the counter tops yesterday. So now he has to go build it. He said he should be ready to put them in on Saturday or Monday. Then our contractor can come after that to install the other appliances and finish up. Yay! We are almost to home base folks!
Guess what Brian had to do for the first time yesterday? Yep, he had to mow the lawn. Again, it was another "first" so I had to run and get my camera!
So, I resisted blogging about this a long time ago because we wanted to keep a surprise. Our carpet was running a deal at the time of our purchase that we get a free flat screen 32 inch tv with our order. Steve has wanted a flat screen for a very long time. We had talked about it, we knew we could keep it for our guest bedroom and get rid of the one we have but we seldom even use the 2nd tv we have. We thought well, we could sell it and use the money towards something in our house. But, in our foresight we knew his parents would help us with the move and decided probably the very best thing we could do with it would be to give it to them.

The tv was delivered yesterday but we just could not wait to give it to them. So we called them and asked if we could stop by for a few minutes. I went inside to prepare my camera and Brian came in a few minutes later. He hid behind the door and said, "Since you had to miss American Idol last night because you were helping us we thought we would make it up to you by giving you this." Well look at his face you can see he is quite pleased. His Mom was saying, "What did you do? This is too much! This is too much!" Then I told them I only paid a dollar for it at CVS, Vicki started cracking up, and Steve looked at me and said"really?" He actually believed me. It was just too funny!
Does he look happy? Brian and I have a feeling he is going to be very happy with his new tv. Thanks for all you do us!
Yesterday, with my day off I went on a mission to get blinds for all our windows. That was an experience. Last night, after we got back from delivering our surprise, Brian put the first blind up in the living room so I could see what the curtains looked like in the room. Here is the result. Every one told me since I am doing a brown room I should go with cream accents for the curtains, pillows, ect. However, I really want chocolate accents. What is your opinion? Give me some feed back. I am new at this decorating stuff and what I picked out may look completely hideous. But they were on sale, so I thought if I loved them I just saved 50% and if I hate them I can return.
When do we sleep you ask? These days it is very little but we'll catch up eventually and in the end it will be worth it.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I like the drapes with the paint color. You could always do primarily choc. accents, with a few cream ones for dark/light balance. Anyhow, it's looking great, Janelle!

Mary said...

Those colors look nice together. Just go with your gut instinct, cause if you ask people for advice, then you'll get too many options to think about. Everyone has a style they prefer, but this is our house, so do it the way you want. It's gonna look beautiful. You have an eye for beautiful things.