A sweet conversation took place in my car a few minutes ago and it left a smile on my face. Ally has asked me a few questions here and there about God since we started doing, "God our Father prayer" but today the questions were continually coming all the way home like where does He live? Does He have wings? How did He make everything? Then she asked
(Ally) Is God a boy or girl?
(me) He is a boy
(Ally) How do you know if you can't see God and you don't live in the sky?
(me) See my pink Bible right there? I can't see God but He wrote us a book so we can learn all about Him.
(Ally) Janelle will you tell me all about God? I won't mind if you bring that book in and you read it to me. I want you to tell me all about God.
I have such a short time with this little girl to impact her. I have often thought she won't remember me or this time of her life when she grows up so actually there is very little that I can do as far as teaching her about God. But God touched my heart in the front seat today. He can use me in a mighty way through the heart of this child and in this family's life.
2 comments:
Awesome.
That's great that the Lord can and will use you to impact this little girl. And you don't know what she'll remember when she's older. You may be planting the seed for her to accept Christ later on. That's wonderful!
Post a Comment