Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Diamond in the rough

This weekend entailed lots of work, little sleep, fast food meals, and much fun! The progress is really coming on the house. We got all the wall paper down, all the carpet out, new dry wall put up, lots of painting, cleaning, mudding, and unscrewing. We were thankful to have Brian's parents that spent most of the weekend over at the new house and some friends came over for a few hours to help as well. Vicki got all the wall paper down in the house. She said since she did four rooms I owe her for grand kids now. Haha! I was actually dreading this huge project of fixing up a house but it actually has been a lot of fun. His parents had me laughing do hard on Friday night that I was crying. It is so nice to take a break for laughter in the middle of all the work.

Don't I just look so lovely at 1:30 in the morning? Not! I pretty much taped the entire house. It took me a very long time!
Here is me painting on Saturday. I think I will stick to trimming and the closets for now:)
When we left on Saturday I was sooooo happy yo walk in and see this! Our first room finished! I am in love with the yellow. It turned out so beautiful! I am just so happy with it.
Everyone tried getting me to go lighter on the brown for the living room/hallway. But I really wanted my walls to look brown and not off white or light beige. So I was very very nervous about this color. So I had Brian do the back wall first and let it dry just in case it came out ugly. And, I love it. Yeah, it is a dark color but I think it is beautiful, so I am happy. When he started Brian and I said that it reminded us of a frosty from Wendy's. Then Steve walked in and said the same thing. Then I really started craving a frosty!
It was really good. Can you tell I am enjoying it? The color seriously looks the same to me. What do you think?
Brian painting the rest of the room and hallway.
And the finished product! I think it looks really pretty. I can't wait for the carpet and then start decorating!
It is coming along. There is still a lot to do, but it is very rewarding to see a finished room. Yeah!
Stay tuned for more updates soon.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Yeah, the yellow is a very pretty color, and what are you talking about? You look gorgeous at 1:30 in the morning! ;)

When we get around to painting our house, I want to have fun with colors, instead of just going with beige or off-white for the walls. Color can add so much character and life to a room.

And yeah, that is totally a Wendy's Frosty color. We bought a couple of those on Sunday after we went for a family walk. They were so yummy! Josh gets the original, but I like the vanilla flavor they sell now.

Good luck with everything, and keep up the good work!

Julie said...

Aw! It's looking good. How much fun is that?!? I really like the brown. Good pick, Janelle. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I love color!!! I think you have seen some photos of our house...we are color people!!! I love it. The frosty brown is awesome. Our bedroom is that color! Maybe a tiny bit darker than yours. I really like it. Let us know when we can come out to see your house. If you need help let us know!

-Kelly

Josh said...

Wow guys - those rooms look soooo much better than before! Finally, people with taste live in the house (or will live there). You all should just flip the house. ;)